VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Feature Enhancement Suggestions

Dear VoiceGuide Support,

We've almost completed our first real IVR script, and before we release it to our pilot group for testing, I thought I'd take this opportunity to mention some suggestions to further improve the usability of VoiceGuide for novices.

Firstly, let me say that I'm very pleased with VoiceGuide - we've managed to get it to do everything we'd hoped it would do (thank heavens for the VBS modules).

However, there are a couple of minor things that could be improved in the user interface that would speed up the script design process.

1) Allow users to specify a "Grid" for module placement on the screen and provide a feature that allows them to "Snap" modules to the grid lines. This would make the alignment of modules during repositioning and insertion so much more quicker.

2) Provide some way for users to insert new modules at the top of the script. Unless I'm missing something really obvious, everytime I want to add a new module, or modules, to the top of the script I have to manually move each module down the page until there's some free-space at the top of the script.

3) Allow users to select a group of modules and move them together to another place in the script.

Hopefully, some of these suggestion may find their way into a future version of VoiceGuide.

Keep up the good work.

1) Allow users to specify a "Grid" for module placement on the screen and provide a feature that allows them to "Snap" modules to the grid lines. This would make the alignment of modules during repositioning and insertion so much more quicker.

Should be quite easily done - I'll pass this on...

2) Provide some way for users to insert new modules at the top of the script. Unless I'm missing something really obvious, everytime I want to add a new module, or modules, to the top of the script I have to manually move each module down the page until there's some free-space at the top of the script.

3) Allow users to select a group of modules and move them together to another place in the script.

V5.1 Beta3 onwards allows Group move / delete etc. This hopefully adresses points 2 and 3...

Dear VoiceGuide Support,

Thanks for the info. I've downloaded the latest version (v5.1.2) and it does allow me to move multiple modules, however, it doesn't let me drag the selection box off the screen to select more than 1 screen's worth of modules.

Is there a technique for doing this? It would be really helpfull if we could select more than 1 screen's worth of modules at a time.

Thanks,

At this stage the selection box cannot be dragged over to extend past the currently displayed screen... you can only select the modules that you can see on the screen.