VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Problems With 5.1.3

The "Log to C:\VoiceGuideMMDDYY.txt" option in the trace log window doesn't seem to work for me, there's never a text file created. Also the VoiceGuide seems to crash every 2-3 days, and it always crashes in pairs before it stablizes itself for use again. I don't have any logs that would potentially help, except the 2k Event logger service debug output. If you think it would be of help i can post that.

The logs are now saved in VoiceGuide's \log\ subdirectory. Please post the logs which cover the problems which you are encountering and we can then see what could be going wrong on your system...

I'll make sure and post the logs the next time i have come across a crash. I have 2 new questions. #1. the sound quality on wav files created with the record module are pretty bad, usually takes me a few times listening to them before i can piece together what a person has said. Could this be resolved by using a better quality modem? I have a D4PCI card as well, would that improve the recording quality? #2. What's the elegant way to exit out of my on-hangup script? Just pointing it to a hangup module, even though the call isn't active anymore?

hey, just to let you know.

1.) Yes, try to use your D4PCI card, it'll change the sound quality, but make sure to change all your voice files into the following format

PCM 11025Hz, 8bit, Mono

and I think you'll also need to change your registration code, since the registration code is based on your network card. ( If I didn't remembered wrong.) But they usually can get back to you within a businese day, so very quick. :)

2.) I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but to make the script more elegant when exit, instead of pointing the modules to Hangup the Call module, you can change them to point to a Play module that'll say something like "Thank you for using our system, you have a great day.", then only that Play module will point to Hangup the Call module, so every call will end with that message.

Hope these help.

Changing from voice modem to a Dialogic card will not require a new registration code for VoiceGuide.

That's not what I'm talking about Angelica, I mean i'm using a script "on hangup", and i'm not sure if there's a proper way to exit out of it, or if just having a faulty "return" on the last module, or having it go to a hangup module will matter any, since i'd like to use proper method.

#2. What's the elegant way to exit out of my on-hangup script? Just pointing it to a hangup module, even though the call isn't active anymore?

Pointing to a Hangup module will end the on-hangup script. It is not necessary to end it using the Hangup module going to a module which does not have any paths leaving it will work just as well...