VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

In Band Dtmf

I was hoping for some support to create the instruction file for my PBX to communicate "inband" with VoiceGuide for primarily the two issues of "Voice Mail" and "Message Waiting Notification"

Below is a List of what my owners manual of the PBX Tells me about this process.

I have also included a page from the manual to assist.

Thanks,

Brent

KCE PBX-416 Phone System Settings www.kcetech.com

RE: Inband DTMF Integration

Forward to VM Key Sequence 91

Get Message Key Sequence 92

PBX Disconnect Digit D

Message Waiting Lamp ON 286

Message Waiting Lamp OFF 287

post-2-1050600458.jpg

We'll need a bit more info then that...

Looks like the page from the manual did not upload properly - I cannot see it...

We've had a look at the downloadable manual for the FX-416 PBX system on www.kcetech.com ( http://www.kcetech.com/manu207.pdf ) but it did not contain the definitions of the inband signaling sent.

where did you get the inband definitions from?

Once we get the specs on the format of the inband info we can create the VoiceGuide config file which will correctly interpret them.

Support Team

I have included a copy of the whole manual. I think the PBX integration stuff is on page 92 or 93. Let me know if this provides you with the detail you need.

Sincerely,

Brent Prairie

p.s. the manual you posted is for a different model "207"

FX416.pdf

OK, we have read the manual - In manual it says that "91" or "92" is sent to voice mail system, but it does not detail how the voicemial system is to know for which extension the caller would like to leave or retrieve messages.

Does the Extension number follow "91" or "92" ?

Or does the FX-416 supports only one central voice mail box and there is no support to allow voicemail systems to hold individual voice mail boxes for each individual extension?

If you are happy to have one central voicemail box then this is easily set up - please confirm that this is OK and we'll create the Inband Definition file and post it here.

If you want per-extension voicemail boxes then we'll need more information from KCE Technology.

BTW: link on web page: http://www.kcetech.com/fx416system.html points to a manual for a different product (207)

OK,

I can help a little more here. Each extension can have a unique selectable mailbox. To possibly yield some more info. I set up a scenario where I sent a call through the voicemail port on the PBX requesting (through ext. 03 or 203) access to mailbox 273 to the VG Software.

I have included the results of the log file. Maybe you could yield more results from this. I have also sent a request to the PBX manufacturer for more support as well. Thanks for your assistance.

Brent

xfer_to_VMport.txt

This trace shows a normal incoming call into the system, and after two rings (second ring coming in 6 seconds later!) VoiceGuide answers the call - and then it hears DTMF tones "1273"...

I assume PBX sent those tones.. but it looks like it has sent those tones a long way after the first ring - waiting over a 6 seconds to recieve the tones is not very common - they should arrive within a second or so after the first ring... still it looks like VoiceGuide heard all the tones except for the leading "9"...

Can you please change VoiceGuide to answer after 1 Ring and post the trace again - this will give us a better picture of what's happening here...

Regardless of my reservations above I suspect that the following should work:

1. Create a file called: InbandSignaling_KcePbx416.txt

in VoiceGuide's directory, and copy the below into it

; Inband Signaling definition file for:

; KCE PBX-416

;

; Each Inband Signal definition entry consists of two lines: Pattern and RV

;

; Pattern :

; Any string expression conforming to the pattern-matching conventions described in

; Visual Basic for Applications LIKE operator pattern definition.

; Used to match the incoming Inband Signalling data.

;

; RV :

; VoiceGuide Result Variables extracted from the matched Inband Signalling stream

; multiple RV's are specified using 3 fields per RV:

; 1. Name

; 2. Start Postion

; 3. Length

;

; List of Result Variables extracted using this definition file:

; Inband_TOC = Type of call (TOC) : "91" = Transferred call, "92" = Call to retrieve messages

; Inband_Extension = For what extension this voicemial transfer is made

;

;2 digit type of call, followed by 3 digit extension

Pattern=?????

RV=Inband_TOC,1,2,Inband_Extension,3,3

2. Edit VG.INI file

To indicate that a particular “Inband Signaling Definition File” is to be used by the system the name of the file must the specified in the VG.INI file, section [PBX], entry InbandSignalConfig. Eg:

[PBX]

;Inband signalling configuration file

InbandSignalConfig=InbandSignaling_KcePbx416.txt

If the definition file is in a directory other then VoiceGuide home directory then the full path to it should be specified.

3. Use the correct Result Variables in your script

When using the file above the following Result Variables will be available to the script:

$RV[inband_TOC]

$RV[inband_Extension]

$RV[inband_TOC] will contain "91" or "92", and $RV[inband_Extension] will contain the extension number...

Related Posts:

http://katalinatech.com/forums/index.php?a...?act=ST&f=2&t=6

http://katalinatech.com/forums/index.php?a...act=ST&f=2&t=26

OK,

Changed the VG to pick up after 1 ring. Included the Inband*.txt (you created) into the VG Folder. The scenario is the same as before.

Included in the attachments is the response of VG. From the callers stand point you can clearly hear the VG pick up the "transferred call to VM" and then it evidently doesn't know what to do with it so it hangs up.

Thanks,

Brent

xfer_to_VM2.txt

OK,

I decided to go ahead and provide the same scenario with the VG set to "0" rings. For some reason it is still missing the "9".

Here is what it does.

xfer_to_VM3.txt

Have you done setp 2 ?

2. Edit VG.INI file

To indicate that a particular “Inband Signaling Definition File” is to be used by the system the name of the file must the specified in the VG.INI file, section [PBX], entry InbandSignalConfig. Eg:

[PBX]

;Inband signalling configuration file

InbandSignalConfig=InbandSignaling_KcePbx416.txt

If the definition file is in a directory other then VoiceGuide home directory then the full path to it should be specified.

from the traces it looks like it VoiceGuide cannot find the Inband Signaling Definition File so it doesn't go into 'Inband' mode after answering call.

Yes,

Most definately. I did that as soon as you provided it to me. I have it in the Voiceguide folder.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Brent

p.s. I am using 4.8.45; Have experimented with 4.9 but it doesn't seem to behave any differently

OK,

Can anyone say "no brainer". I renaimed the file as you said. I forgot to pull out the semi-colon.

My bad. I am sorry. I think we are making some progress now that the INBAND is actually trying to work.

Included is the response I get now. Please advise.

Thanks,

Brent

INband.txt

Please try adding these two lines to your InbandSignaling_KcePbx416.txt file:

Pattern=*

RV=Inband_TOC,1,2,Inband_Extension,3,3

Then using v4.9 make another call and post the following:

1. InbandSignaling_KcePbx416.txt

2. VG.INI

3. Trace of incoming call

OK,

Definately making some headway now.

Seems to be doing everthing correctly except directing it to VG Voicemailbox 273.

See reaction. It reacted by going to the starting module instead of going directly to 273

Thanks,

Brent

utilized VG 4.9

Pattern=*

Inband2.txt

Looks like your script right now starts at a Play module (titled "Pro Comm Main - press 0 or 1"), and VoiceGuide will follow the script, so that's why you are hearing the "C:\Pro Comm Greetings\VMMenu.wav" still being played first.

If you want the script to go directly to the voicemail box then you will need to have the script start at an "Evaluate Expression" module - which will look at the Result Variable created when the Inband information was received: $RV[inband_TOC]

If $RV[inband_TOC] is 91 then you want the script to go to the voicemail box number held in $RV[inband_Extension] - the other Result Variable created when the Inband information was received.

You can do that using path:

On {91} Goto [Voicemail Box $RV[inband_Extension]]

In the 'Paths' list of that starting 'Evaluate Expression' module...

To set which module is the starting module in your script use the "Edit/Script Properties" menu in the Script Designer.

You will probably want to have some other paths as well:

On {92} Goto [Voicemail Retrieve]

Could you please post your InbandSignaling_KcePbx416.txt file - I'm still a bit surprised why the "?????" pattern match template did not work for you.

Also: I noticed that your PBX is using the "D" tone to indicate that the caller has hung up - in v4.9.1 of VG you will be able to specify in VG.INI file what tones can be used to indicate end of call.

You guys know your stuff. The in-band stuff seems to be working now. Good Job Once again.

Any ideas on the Message Waiting Notification, or is there something coming out in another revision to cover that?

Message Waiting Notification ON 286

Message Waiting Notification OFF 287

I have posted the 'InbandSignaling_KcePbx416.txt' file as per your request.

Thanks again,

Brent

InbandSignaling_KcePbx416.txt

Hi,

I've been reviewing this tread and wanted to ask if the folks at procomm got the KcePbx416 to work as they expected.

I called KCE, they were helpful, but were having a hard time trying to answer my questions.

I am assuming you guys have 4CO in the KcePbx416 then eXtensions 1-4 go to Dialogic4d/pci (win2k, VG Server)

According to the folks at KCE, if you do not use their built in auto attendant, then all the extensions ring, but no connection is made with the caller until an extension is picked up.

I am/was hoping to use the KcePbx416 to route incoming calls to VG without the KcePbx416 auto attendant.

From VG have the caller follow an series of prompts and have them navigate to a self help on VG or type the VG extension they wanted to reach which would then call the extension in question on the PBX. I hope this is making sense...

So if you have a similar setup, please let me know how you got there, as the Kce folks don't know much on the subject of the VG system. (i don't expect them to either.)

Thanks In advance.

Just configure the KCE to route all incoming calls to one of the free extensions which are plugged into VoiceGuide - just like you would route all incoming calls to a person(s) at the front desk... surely there has to be a way to do that...

Then VoiceGuide will transfer the calls to other extensions if required...

This is a different question to Inband Signaling which this thread was about - plz post any followup questions in a new thread...