VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Transfer Call To Outside Co Line

To get to the point. I need to be able to setup VG where a caller calls in and dials an extension. If that extension is not answering to take the caller back to VG and inform the caller that the person they are trying to reach is away from their desk. The to prompt the caller to take action based on the following

Press 1 to have the system find this person for you.

Press 2 to leave a message

Press 3 to transfer to another extension

Press 4 to exit the system.

#2,3, and 4 are a no brainer.

but # 1... well little tricky..

In the transfer module, there no way to specify a database of forwarding telephone numbers or extension based on the extension that the caller is trying to reach.

What would be good is if there was a way to do call forwarding using another CO to the telephone number setup in the mailbox profile.

example

Ext 101 = Mailbox 101 = John Smith = Forward Tel as specified in the voicemail manager, that way no need for a database or anything..

I'd really appreciate some help on this, as we are trying out VG to see if it can do the things we want before purchasing it.

Or if there is a better way to do this, I'd like to know and learn of it.

Thanks

You will need to set up a small database (or even an Excel speadsheet) containing this information, and then use a DB Query or a Run VB Script module to retrieve this infrormation.