VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

New Dialogic D/4pciu Won't Answer

Not sure what to do or where to look for help. Is there something in the help file somewhere that might explain what to do? The problem is that when I change the "number of rings before answer" from 0 to 2, the card will not answer. If I leave it at 0, then I don't get caller id info.

Here is the event trace. (I put it here rather than a zip because it is small. Hope that is okay.)

234209.75 1 event callstate OFFERING 1 2,0,0

234209.80 1 script interpretor: VgMulti v6.0.2378

234209.85 1 fired OFFERING event to listeners

234209.90 1 set LineState().hCall = 1 in LINECALLSTATE_OFFERING

234209.95 1 cid CallerID vars set (in 'offering' event) [,,]

234210.00 1 call AnswerTheCallIfAllowed from LINECALLSTATE_OFFERING

234210.05 1 rings=0, min rings before answer=2 (iCallerIdHasArrived=0)

234210.15 1 tw ring 1

234210.20 1 ring time since last ring event (sec): 0.00

234210.25 1 rings=1, min rings before answer=2 (iCallerIdHasArrived=0)

234210.30 1 tw DialogicEvent 134,TDX_CST,0,0,0,DE_RINGS,ET_ROFF,

234210.35 1 event ScriptEventCode TDX_CST, code=134, state=900

234210.40 1 LsAwaitingCalls EV_UNKNOWN_134

234217.74 1 event callstate IDLE 1 1,0,0

234217.80 1 WorkingMode@Idle=

234217.84 1 set LineState().hCall = 0 LineEvCallState-LINECALLSTATE_IDLE

234217.89 1 timer clear

234217.95 1 LineState(iLineId).iVgsIdx = 0

234217.99 1 timer set 1 EV_TIMEOUT_TIMETOREINITLINE

234218.95 1 timer fired EV_TIMEOUT_TIMETOREINITLINE

234218.99 1 event ScriptEventCode EV_TIMEOUT_TIMETOREINITLINE, code=9008, state=900

234219.03 1 init atidle reinit : start

234219.09 1 init atidle reinit iConferenceOtherLegLid=-1

234219.15 1 init atidle reinit : reset all LineState variables

234219.20 1 timer set 0.3 EV_TIMEOUT_ATERIDLE_ALLOWOUT

234219.24 1 state Waiting for a call...

234219.59 1 timer fired EV_TIMEOUT_ATERIDLE_ALLOWOUT

234219.65 1 event ScriptEventCode EV_TIMEOUT_ATERIDLE_ALLOWOUT, code=9013, state=900

Here is the Event Trace when it is set to 0 rings and it answers. I hope this is what you mean "tw trace".

By the way, we did have this all running on a Zoom voice modem. We just installed the Dialogic card today and are trying to get it up and running.

captured_call.zip

This file has two calls. The first is with rings set to 0 and it answers and runs the script. The second is set to 2 rings and it does not answer.

0128tw.zip

Additional information:

I connected a telephone up to the phone line instead of the dialogic card to see if it was ringing and if caller id was coming through. The phone rang 5 times before it went to the voice messaging system. Caller id info also came through.

Not sure why the dialogic card does not recognize the rings.

Maybe you should read this thread.

http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3595

VG Doesn't Answer

I've had the same problem. I think I tracked it down.

One of my last post contains a Zip file that has 6 files in it. 3 old and 3 new files.

Download the Zip file and extract the file called ktTelControlOLD.ocx.

Try replacing only the ktTelControl.ocx. Use the ktTelControlOLD.ocx but change the name to ktTelControl.ocx. Be sure to rename the file.

You need to place it in the windows/system32 directroy. You will need to overwrite your old ktTelcontrol.ocx in that directory. You might want to backup you file before you do this.

You will then need to do this;

regsvr32 ktTelControl.ocx

Hopefully this will fix your problem.

I had what appears to be exactly the same problem. It is not a Dialogic problem but a VG problem. Something in this ocx file has changed and is causing this problem. It may be a problem that only exists with this particular Dialogic card but it is a problem.

To my knowledge Support is not currently trying to figure out what in this ocx file is causing the problem. With your confirmation of this problem maybe they look at correcting the problem.

Let us know if this works. Be sure to register the ocx after you overwrite your old one.

ooper, could you please .ZIP up and post here the ktTelControl.ocx file from Windows' System32 directory. We're after the file that's there when the calls are not being answered.

Admin said:

We're after the file that's there when the calls are not being answered.

I've attached the file that worked and didn't work under the other thread. If that is not what you need could you please be more specific?

Sorry, did not know what "SR" meant. I'm assuming it is referring to the Dialogic drivers.

Here is what I am running: SR5.1.1, Verion DNA5, Build 30, Feature Pack 1.

Harry's ocx file does work. I registered it and restarted VG and it answered when I had it set to 2 rings and caller id info came through.

I'm happy to use this as a work-around, if it works 100% of the time, but I would hope you would use it as a stepping stone to find the problem and fix it in a new version.

Thanks,

Brian Barnett

OK, good to hear it's working for you as well.

We'll try and track down what changes were made between the two OCXs and take it from there.

If you do have any problems with the older OCX please let us know.

Having problems with the old ocx. I have to restart VoiceGuide periodically for everything to work correctly. I have no idea what causes it to get into a non-functional state.

The symptom I see that forces me to have to restart VG is that is does not initiate outgoing calls that are in the OutDialQue.mdb file. As soon as I restart VG, it initiates any that are supposed to be dialed.

We'd suggest you just uninstall everything you have on your system and just install the latest release of VG (currently v6.0.3001).