VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

New Options Field In Outdialque.mdb

We just upgraded to VG for Dialogic, Version 6.0.2378 from v5.x. After a hiccup or two, noticed that the database schema had changed, and following the advice on a different post, I deleted the old one. A new one was created.

A cursory glance revealed a new Options field and the removal of OnNotConnected field. My OutDialNew.xml file will undoubtedly need to change as well as my insert statements into this database.

Is there some info somewhere on all the changes and if so where? I'd like to know what I need to change and what the Options field should be populated with.

Thanks,

Brian Barnett

The OutDial database is not really intended to be used directly by most users, so it's not documented, and it's schema may change from version to version.

If you want to insert into it directly you may of course - but you may need to fix up your insert code sometimes...

What is intended to be used for queuing up outgoing calls? Some other db? How do I configure VG to use some other db instead of OutDial db? Do I need to mimick the data schema of OutDial? Sorry for the flurry of questions. Hopefully there's a doc or post somewhere that explains how to do this step by step.

I've seen docs and posts on connect to a db via ODBC to query for data, but I want the queuing of outgoing calls functionality that VG has with OutDial db. Please advise.

Thx,

Brian Barnett

What is intended to be used for queuing up outgoing calls?

- Telephone Number Loader program.

- Send Phone Message module in a VoiceGuide script.

- Creating a list of numbers to be called and saving this list in a 'Out Dial file'.

- Using VoiceGuide COM interface function Dialer_OutDialQueAdd.

The "Adding dial entries directly to the OutDialQue.mdb database" is mentioned briefly in the Help file section http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/DialListInto.htm but the schema itself was never officially published.

I have a java web application that will be queuing outgoing calls. Which of the methods you listed do you suggest I use to queue them? Right now, the java web app writes an OutDial_New.xml file to VG's data folder.

Right now, the java web app writes an OutDial_New.xml file to VG's data folder.

Why not just use the method you are currently using?

There is no reason that it shouldn't work.

I looked at my "outdail.mdb" file and it does have the "OnNotConnected" field.

It is true that the version 5.2.xxxx version and the Dialogic version 6.0.xxxx version do have a slightly different "outdial.mdb" file. The only difference I can see is that the Dialogic "outdial.mdb" file contains and extra field. The new field name is "Options".

Having this extra field should make no difference to you. Your old XML generating program should work fine.

I would be intrested to know what the new field is for. What are the "options" we can send to the dialer?

Yes, it does work fine, as far as I can tell. I got a little worried when it was suggested I shouldn't do that. I checked my OutDial.mdb and it also has the OnNotConnected field. I must have overlooked it earlier. It also has the new Options field. My sql insert still works fine (without inserting anything into the new Options field). The Options field gets defaulted with this:

<CallerId></CallerId>