VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Conditional Menu Points In Vg

I am trying to create a conditional menu based on something like this as a starting point:

To make a transaction press 1

To check your balance press 2

To check your latest payments press 3

To change your PIN press 4

And the path is:

on {1} goto [Make Transanction]

on {2} goto [balance check]

on {3} goto [Check latest Transanction]

on {4} goto [Change your PIN]

Before this Play Sound File module I use a Run VB script module to assembly different sequences of sound files so that the caller will hear certain menu points - but not all - depending on different conditions.

For example, if the caller’s money balance = 0, then he will hear only two menu points :

To check your balance press 2.wav, To change your PIN press 4.wav

While I can easily control the menu points the caller can hear using vbscript, I cannot prevent them to press the buttom they are not supposed to press. In the example above, I want them to press 2 or 4 while the menu points 1 and 3 should not work in that case.

Of course, if I use a lot of Play Sound File modules for each possible conditions, I can solve the problem. Is there a solution where I only use one Run VB script module and one Play Sound File module to build a conditional menu?

I know complicated solutions; I am looking for a simple one.

You might want to look at something a little different.

Try using the play module to play the menu options that the caller can choose from just as you are doing now.

If I read your post correctly you have already worked out a way to present different

menu options to the caller based on some predetermined criteria.

Instead of having the paths as you indicate in your post have all the paths lead to a new module

that is a VBScript module. Use the VBScript module to prevent or allow certain paths to be chosen.

You will need to use $RV_LastKeyPress to evaluate what the caller actually pressed. You will

use basically the same logic you used in your VBScript module to decide which file to play in the

Play Sound File module.

In your example;

"For example, if the caller’s money balance = 0, then he will hear only two menu points :

To check your balance press 2.wav, To change your PIN press 4.wav"

Using the VBScript you should have it send the caller back to the play module if any number other than 2 or 4 is chosen.

This may or may not make sense but I'm going to try to expalin it a little better.

Here it goes with the limited information available.

Lets just say that we have created a new RV called CallersMenuChoice. You set this in your VBScript file that

you use to decide which file to play.

All keypress paths from your Play Sound File module will be directed to our new VBScript Module.

Lets call it something.... I'm going to use BankMenuKeyProcess.

So in our new BankMenuKeyProcess VBScript module we will have code similar to the following;

Select Case CallersMenuChoice

Case "money balance = 0"

Select Case "$RV_LastKeyPress"

Case 2
   Goto Check Balance Script/Module

Case 4
   Goto Change Pin Script/Module

Else
   Goto Play Sound File Module that provide the caller the options to press
 End Select

Case "money balance <> 0"

Select Case "$RV_LastKeyPress"

Case 1
   Goto where ever you want them to go when they press 1

Case 6
   Goto where ever you want them to go when they press 6

Else
   Goto Play Sound File Module that provide the caller the options to press
 End Select
End Select

I'm not suggesting you copy and paste this code but it should give you an idea of how to

go about writing the proper code for your application.

Basically what you need to do is determine what options you want to make available to the caller and then check

to see what key they pressed. If you anticipate needing more that 12, the number of keys on the key pad, different

menu choices available you should consider using the Get Numbers module to play your menu choices to the caller.

This should allow you basically an unlimited number of menus available to the caller.