VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Dialer Not Dialing

Using VG for Dialogic 6.0.2384 Professional, VG Dialer, Single Line

Dialer v 5.2.1.1024

I am attempting to send out a short sound file using the VG Dialer. So far I have not been able to get the dialer to work - I have Nothing in the trace.

I set up the Telephone Numbers Loader to call the same sound file for live person and answering machine options. I left the voice modem option blank because I am using a dialogic card.

For a simple test, I input a phone number in the appropriate box and use the Misc tab to "Show Log". I Click "Load Numbers". It indicates Finished with 1 queued and 0 rejected. I click "Start Dialing". The same "Finished..." data refreshes but there is no dialing being done and no activity being traced.

I have verified that Config.xml has <AllowDialOut>1</AllowDialOut>.

1. Do you have any suggestions on how to fix the problem described above?

2. Am I supposed to be able to run the Dialer even when VG is active? (or does VG not want to release the one and only line to Dialer?). I have tested with VG active and not - no change to Dialer not working.

Thanks for your help.

I have also retested after updating the Dialing Times tab. I have the valid times for sending between 8am and 8pm every day of the week. I also tested putting in the Line Selection even though I only have one line licensed and one line plugged into the POTS.

My Dialogic card is a D/41EPCI (has four ports, but I am only using one, which is why I thought it might help to specify the line selection for outbound use).

Thanks again.

(And, No, the number I am testing with is Not in the Do Not Call List - that list remains empty).

Since you have a Dialogic card I'm assuming it has at least 4 ports.

Is it possible the other 3 ports are also enabled for outdialing? Even if not you might want to try specifing the outdial port in the dialer.

Have you checked your outdial.mdb file? If you don't know how or can't open it zip it up and post it here.

You also might want to look at these files:

OutDial_Contacted_Human.txt

List of calls answered by a real person.

OutDial_Contacted_AM.txt

List of calls answered by an answering machine.

OutDial_Contacted_Fax.txt

List of calls answered by a fax machine person.

OutDial_Uncontactable_NoAnswer.txt

List of calls which were not answered and rung out awaiting answer.

OutDial_Uncontactable_Busy.txt

List of calls which were not answered as the busy tone was heard.

OutDial_Uncontactable_OnDontDialList.txt

List of calls which were not made as the telephone number is on a "Don't call list".

OutDial_Uncontactable_NoDialer.txt

List of calls which were not dialed as the VG Dialer option is not enabled.

OutDial_SIT_Reorder.txt

List of calls for which the Special Information Tone (Reorder) was played by the phone company.

OutDial_SIT_NoCircuit.txt

List of calls for which the Special Information Tone (No Circuit) was played by the phone company.

OutDial_SIT_CustIrReg.txt

List of calls for which the Special Information Tone (CustIrReg) was played by the phone company.

OutDial_SIT_Unknown.txt

List of calls for which an unknown Special Information Tone was played by the phone company.

You might want to try loading the number into the dialer using the XML file method.

<OutDialEntry>
 <PhoneNumber>5553423</PhoneNumber>
 <LineSelection>sLineSelection</LineSelection>
 <OnAnswer>d:\scripts\alarm.vgs</OnAnswer>
</OutDialEntry>

Just replace the phone number with the number you wish to dial. Be sure to add any special prefixes, such as 9, necessary to obtain an outside line. It must be specified in this file regardless of any setting in the dialer. Use your dialogic line identifer for the sLineSelection.

Change the "OnAnswer" to the sound file or script you would like played. Be sure to use the full path.

Save the file in VoiceGuide's \data directory and call it OutDial_New.xml.

If you have to add a prefix to get an outside line you might also need to palce one or more commas after the prefix. The comma is a delay or pause. I had problems when there was not a pause after dialing 9. I acutally ended up using 2 commas.

2. Am I supposed to be able to run the Dialer even when VG is active? (or does VG not want to release the one and only line to Dialer?). I have tested with VG active and not - no change to Dialer not working.

The Telephone Number Loader can run when VG is running.

IF VG is not doing anything after you have loaded in the numbers using the Telephone Number Loader then please .ZIP up and post here the OutDial.mdb file (as Harry suggested).

Thanks for the responses.

I did not bother to check any of the result logs because it looks to me like VGDialer never executes anything.

I did not try the xml approach yet either; thinking I should walk before I run. Besides, my first application will use so few numbers that the approach I would use would be to type the numbers directly into the Loader.

Another question: The Help doc's say that the comma delimited text input files are replaced by the xml files. The docs also say:

File containing phone numbers to be called

Allows to select the text file from which to import the list of numbers to call. The file should contain each number on a new line eg:

A range of numbers can be specified by placing an "X" in the number location which covers the desired range.  eg: by typing 5627XXX we indicate that a thousand telephone numbers: 5627000 to 5627999 should be called. Typing 56274XX would result in a hundred numbers being called: 5627400 to 5627499.

Are these 2 types of input files different? Or is this example with a separate number on each line considered the same as a comma delimited file?

Both these approaches load into the .mdb file. BTW, slow that I can be, it never occurred to me that typing numbers in the telephone number box was populating the .mdb file, so thanks for that bit of data. I did a few other quick tests but still have the same problem.

I had already disabled the outdialing with <AllowDialOut>0</AllowDialOut> on the 3 unused lines in the config file.

Please find attached, the zipped .mdb file. It is really small because I was testing the Delete DialOut DB button. This delete would not work for me if VG was up, but if I shut down VG, started VGDialer, and clicked this button, it did clean out the DB. I suppose didn't need to .zip it.... oh well...

Thanks for your help, folks.

OutDialQue.zip

I would try deleting the outdialque.mdb file completely. Let the system create a new one.

I noticed that your outdialque.mdb file does not contain the field "options" which indicates to me that it is an older database.

I wouldn't bet this is your problem but it is the next thing that I would try.

I would also start with a much simpler outdial.

The XML method is very easy. Just take your text editor, notepad, and copy and paste the following code. Insert your phone number, Then save it in the voiceguide/data directory with the name OutDial_New.xml. It's that simple. VG will automatically load the call and delete the OutDial_New.xml file.

<OutDialEntry>
 <PhoneNumber>YOUR PHONE TO CALL NUMBER HERE</PhoneNumber>
 <OnAnswer>C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\system\voice\CCG_FSBO_Cold.wav</OnAnswer>
</OutDialEntry>

No need to specify anything else. VG should dial this number immediately.

Deleting and letting VG re-create the OutDial database is a good idea.

In the attached DB we could see that line selection was set to use dxxxB1C1 only.

For starters try without specifying any line restrictions.

Best thing to do would be to setup a one module script which just has a "Send Phone Message" module in it. Then dial in and after VG has answered and ran that one module just hangup.

Then post the traces (.ZIPed) here.

Trace will show both the insertion of new call into the DB and then whether VG was able to retrieve the call out of the DB ok and use that info to make the call.

Deleted the .mdb and let VG add a new one.

Original testing was done without the Line Selection specified.

Set up the one module script requested. Traces attached.

0131sw.zip

Harry,

Thanks for your help. I tried your .xml approach. Pretty neat the way VG automatically detects the _New.xml and just runs with it. Here's a trace of VG doing just that:

102909.91  0 Loading from C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\data\OutDial_New.xml

102909.91  0 dial  callque insert tel:7325215253 scr:C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\system\voice\CCG_FSBO_Cold.wav time:601311029 esc:none

102909.92  0 dial  DialListParseInputXML no <PhoneNumber>

102909.92  0 Loaded 1 entries.

Looks to me like it is saying No Phone Number was found in order to make the call (even though it seems to insert the correct phone number)...

Then again...

Turns out that "no <PhoneNumber> message is a red herring. I found this snippet of a successful dialout:

094441.92 0 Loading from C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\data\OutDial_New.xml

094441.92 0 dial callque insert tel:2318860 scr:c:\Our Software\test\HumanMessage.vgs time:510120944 esc:ErrorError

094441.94 0 dial DialListParseInputXML no <PhoneNumber>

094441.94 0 Loaded 1 entries.

094442.94 1 dial [196,2318860,510120944,0,2359,MoTuWeThFrSaSu,[,dxxxB1C1,],1,,c:\Our Software\test\HumanMessage.vgs,c:\Our Software\test\AMMessage.vgs,[DrName]{Williams},[Clinic]{5012551425},[PatientName]{John},[

ppointmentDateTime]{10011030},AllowTransfer]{Yes},240,2,1,ErrorError,ErrorError] (search started at 094442.94)

094442.95 1 dial DialOnLine start tel[2318860] ann[] vgs[c:\Our Software\test\HumanMessage.vgs] am[c:\Our Software\test\AMMessage.vgs] rv[[DrName]{Williams},[Clinic]{5012551425},[PatientName]{John},[AppointmentDateT

me]{10011030},AllowTransfer]{Yes}]

094442.95 0 dial callque update id=196: NextCallTime=0510120946, RetriesLeft=1

094442.97 0 dial callque DB update returned (MSAccess)

It too shows the "no <PhoneNumber>" message, yet it goes on to dial the one number entered. Mine just dies after loading 1 entries. No dial message follows.

Strange. It's like there is some internal module being called (dial? DialOnLine?) that just doesn't exist, or doesn't do anything, and doesn't cause an error. I wonder what module I should be re-installing?

I'm not very good at reading logs.

What I did notice, because I've been involved in tracking down a problem with my VG not answering when the rings to answer was greater than 1, was that you are using a different ktTelControl.ocx than I am.

Yours appears to be older.

This is the one I'm using;

ktTelControl OCX v2.3.0, Nov 15 2005 19:47:09 [For Dialogic]

This is the one your log says you are using;

ktTelControl OCX v2.2.0, Sep 21 2005 11:52:41 [For Dialogic]

I had problems with a different ktTelControl and I replaced it with the one above and it corrected my problem. I'm not suggesting that this will correct your problem. I just found it intresting that you have what appears to be an older ocx file than I do and I thought I was using an old one because I couldn't get what I thought was the most recent one to work.

From your post here I thought you were probably running the lastes version of everything.

It might be worth a try. I have no idea what this ocx file does but you are welcome to try the one I'm using. I zipped it up and posted in my thread http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3595

http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3595

You will have to look for the files. They are zipped up and there are 6 of them 2 old and 2 new of three different files. The ktTelControl.ocx that worked for me was the one with the file name ktTelControlOLD.ocx. You will have to place it in your windows/system32 directory and overwrite your old file. Be sure to back the old file up first. Then you will need to register the ocx. See the Dialogic instructions for directions on doing this if you do not know how. Restart everything and see what happens. Who knows you might get lucky.

I would be intrested to know how you ended up running an older ktTelControl.ocx. Any idea?

Harry,

The ktTelControl OCX v2.2.0, Sep 21 2005 11:52:41 [For Dialogic] is from my download back in Sept/Nov timeframe of all the files I needed to rebuild my system. The only reason my VG version is 'more current' is that I have had to download newer versions to pick up various 'fixes'. The instructions from Support were along the lines of "Try this version of the VG patch" - and the zipped file they pointed me to did not include a full set of downloadable files.

I hesitate to download ANY new files because I feel like I'm trading one set of problems for another. I was slow to pick up VG6.0.2384 just to get the command line functionality (but eventually did, it was a change I requested afterall). With WinXP, I stay up on the 'current' fixes because they are mostly security fixes; but I am in no hurry to try to keep up with the 'latest' of any VG file.

I still do not GROK the release strategy used by VG. Every now and then I get the impression a specific 6.0.xxxx release has a fix that should solve a particular user's problem, but that does not mean it has been regression tested to be stable for the rest of us. And I get thrown by things like the Help file provided with the VG for Dialogic Patch... I thought it was 'different' from the 'regular' Help file; turns out it was 'older', not 'different'. Why was it in the download at all? Beats me. I should have used what I got with VG 5.2.xx and ignored the Help file that came with the patch. Anyway, I am letting the support team direct which files/patches/fixes/etc I will download because I am so 'out of sorts' with the whole thing.

I know, too long an answer. You just wondered why my ktTelControl OCX was so old...

SupportTeam - Just don't want it to get lost in the shuffle of messages... The logs you requested yesterday are attached a few postings above this one. Three logs are zipped together in there (despite what the name may imply).

Thanks again for your help.

Can you please try updating your system with attached .exe and .ocx and see if you get better results with these.

Place ocx in Windows' System32 and the .exe in VG's directory.

vgd_6.0.2405.zip

I replaced the modules as instructed.

When I started up VG, I got a Registration error. I have submitted an email to sales for them to work that problem (no USI for Dialogic card shown).

When VG finished initializing, it went right into dialing my test numbers. When I hangup on the outgoing message, I get a Run-time error '9' - Script out of range. Clicking OK kills VG. On one hand I figure I need to look at this scenario closer to see if I need to do something to gracefully handle a HangUp; but on the other hand, such a common event should not cause VG to abend.

I tried one bit of regression testing. Testing the Transfer of a call. It failed. The symptom is that I call hear the dialing of the digits so I know the Hookflash never put the call on Hold. I increased the HookFlash time incrementally until I got to 120 (started at 50). Even with a Hookflash time of 120 (x 10ms) or 1.2 seconds, I still hear the dialing of the digits and then the script sits waiting for an answer that will never happen. This is very wrong.

So, I think the VGDialer part is fixed, but I have 3 other bugs to deal with now. None of which are related to, or based on, the VGDialer problem. I have not yet started to test the Dialing feature now that I can get it to start (too many other errors to bother). I need to drop back to the prior release.

Logs attached. It will be clear where the Run-time errors are. After I cleared out the OutDial DB, I tested the Call Transfer so those calls are towards the end of the logs.

Good Luck.

0201tw.zip

Harry,

Just to add more data to help you on your path to enlightenment (and you deserve a lot of thanks and appreciation for your enlightened contributions to the forum)...

I backed out just the VgMulti.exe first. I still had the problem with Registration recognition and with Call Transfers not working. I did not test VGDialer functionality. I had to back out ktTelControl.ocx to avoid these 2 problems.

Enjoy!

Bingo!

Registration problem gone, Call Transfer works, VGDialer dials like a demon, and VG doesn't abend when the called party slams down the phone 'cause his dinner was interrupted by some darn machine... you think he'd at least listen to the message, but Nooooo, he's gotta cop an attituuuude! Well, at least he didn't ask to me stop calling... I'll see if he's in a better mood tomorrow :)

Thank You! Support Team.

I loaded the files as suggested at the end of this thread. Now I get the error:

Run-time eror 39. Component mscomm32.ocs or one of its dependencie not corectly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

What do I do now?