VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Verify Numbers

I want to verify that the number entered in the "Get Numbers" module is a valid Voicemail Box number BEFORE it goes to Voicemail, since I want to customize what .wav files will be played without editing the way the preset Voicemail system works. I've read the help files...but I haven't found an example of how to look for any valice voicmail box ID number. I did see one of the VBscripts in the VG Voicemail that would look through the voicmail .xml file, but is there a Voicemail Box ID variable that would be better to use?

You could use Vm_VmbConfig_Get COM function and if the result is empty then you'll know the VMB does not exist.

(relies on every VMB having a PIN number defined for it...)

What happens if you try to set a property for a mailbox that does not exist? Is there anything passed back to the program to indicate success or failure?

set vg = CreateObject("VoiceGuide.CommandLink")
vg.Vm_VmbConfig_Set "9999", "Pin", "1234"
set vg = Nothing

Mailbox 9999 does not exist.

From the Help File:

Voicemail box access PIN number length is set to 4 digits. If no PIN is specified the caller will be asked to specify the PIN the first time they log into the voicemail box.

PIN length is set to 4 digits. Is there a setting to control this or is this internally set by VG?

Admin. Said:

(relies on every VMB having a PIN number defined for it...)

I cleared one of my voice mail box PIN numbers and saved the mailbox. The XML file showed it having "0000" instead of nothing.

Point being that every mailbox that does exist will have some type of PIN number. Therefore checking that PIN number is not an empty string is a very good and appears to be the only way to check for the existance of a mailbox.

This method is used in the Voice Mail System Script files.

set VG = CreateObject("VoiceGuide.CommandLink")

sPin = VG.Vm_VmbConfig_Get(sVmLoginAskVmb, "Pin")

if sPin = "" then

'there is no such voicemail box
              'Do whatever you want to do when no such voicemail box exist
         else
              'Do whatever you want to when the Voicemail Box DOES Exist

Thank you so much Support Team & Harry!! Very helpful!! I had been trying to use the Voicemail Box ID to no avail.

PIN length is set to 4 digits. Is there a setting to control this or is this internally set by VG?

It is hardset in the VgVmMgr.exe,

You probably could change that by editing the VmBoxList.xml directly.

It's probably set in voicemail scripts as well, but you'd be able to edit those setting in the scripts.