VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Say Number

in say number moduale how to switch between the multiple sound files and multiple RV's number to spoken . i mean if i have 3 sound files as[ 1.wav ,2.wav , 3.wav] and 3 RV's as (RV1,RV2,RV3).

how to play the file (1.wav) The next ( RV1) the next (2.wav) the next (RV2) the next (3.wav) the next (RV3).

I've never even looked at the say numbers module until just now so there maybe a better way to do this.

I'm not completely sure I understood what you are trying to do.

I think you said you have 3 wav files (1.wav ,2.wav , 3.wav) and you also have 3 RV's (RV1,RV2,RV3) that you want to be played and or spoken in the following order;

Play 1.wav

Say RV1

Play 2.wav

Say RV2

Play 3.wav

Say RV3

If that is correct I would suggest using 3 Say Numbers modules together.

Mod1 would play 1.wav and then say RV1

Mod2 would play 2.wav and then say RV2

Mod3 would play 3.wav and then say RV3

If you do not know how many files and RV's you will be using you might want to look at using a Run VB Script module. Probably more complicated but might serve your purpose better.

The Run VB Script module would have to call a Say Numbers Module to actually play and speak. You would just set the RV's in the VB Script Module and use them in the Say Numbers Module. The Say Numbers Module would then direct the call back to the Run VB Script Module where it could decide if additional files and digits needed to be played or spoken. If so it would set the Same RV's with different file names and different digits to be spoken. Then send flow back to the Say Numbers Module. When all files to be played and digits to be spoken have been played or spoken then the VB Script would direct flow to the next module you choose.

So the "Play Before Saying Number" field of the Say Numbers Module would be specified using an RV from your VB Script and the "Digits to be Spoken" field would also be specified using an RV from your VB Script.

You might use "FileToBePlayed" and "DigitsToBeSpoken" as your RV's. The VB Script would just set them to whatever you wanted them to be.

So as you loop from the VB Script Module to the Say Numbers Module and back it would look something like this.

VB Script Sets FileToBePlayed = 1.wav & DigitsToBeSpoken = 1

Say Number Plays & Says 1.wav & 1

VB SCript Checks to see if more files to be played and digits to be spoken

VB Script Sets FileToBePlayed = 2.wav & DigitsToBeSpoken = 2

Say Number Plays & Says 2.wav & 2

VB SCript Checks to see if more files to be played and digits to be spoken

VB Script Sets FileToBePlayed = 3.wav & DigitsToBeSpoken = 3

Say Number Plays & Says 3.wav & 3

VB SCript Checks to see if more files to be played and digits to be spoken. There are no additional files to be played or digits to be spoken.

VB Script would redirect call to desired module after all files are played and digits are spoken.

You could play the wav files from within the VB Script using the Play_Start but I'm not aware of a method to speak digits from within a VB Script.

If you really needed that ability I'm sure VG sales could give you a quote for adding that command.

I said;

You could play the wav files from within the VB Script using the Play_Start but I'm not aware of a method to speak digits from within a VB Script.

If you would look at lib_num2wav.vbs probably located in your C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\system\vbs directory.

I think you could use that in your Run VB Script module along with the Play_Start and not have to branch out of the VB module until you were finished playing and saying what you wanted.