VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Listening To News Using Voice Files - Updating

Hello support,

In one of the modules of a script I configure a path to a folder which has a voice file which must be play to the caller.

This folder has a shortcut on the desktop.

The voice file gives information to the caller.

In this voice file we are presenting news information to the caller.

Every day we are updating this voice file.

If there is no news, the caller can hear for example: "There is no news today"

If there is no news the operator must copy a voice file "newsinfo.wav from a folder "NO NEWS" to the folder which points to

the module "NEWS".

When there is news then the operator must replace the same "newsinfo.wav" file which is in the "NEWS" folder with the new

one.

Problem:

When there is no news then the operator copy the the voice file in the "NO NEWS" folder to the "NEWS" folder

The problem is that the old file is playing to the caller.

Do you have a solution for this problem?

Maybe I must do this an other way.

Dou you have a solution for me please?

Regards

VoiceGuide for Dialogic converts .WAV files to .VOX files and plays the VOX file. Before each play it looks if there is an already converted VOX file available (it will be called the same but with a .VOX suffix), and if it's date stamp is newer then the WAV file. If the VOX file datestamp is newer then the WAV file then VG will not do the conversion step, VG will just play the VOX file.

As you are placing an older WAV file in that directory then the VOX file, the WAV->VOX conversion is not made, and the old VOX is played.

So the solution for you is to delete the VOX file after placing the new WAV file in the directory. This will force VG to create the VOX file from the currently present WAV file.

Ok Thanks.

That was a big problem for me but now it is working.

Deleting the *.vox file is the best thing I can do now.

Question:

I can also use TTS but do you have a suggestion for a professional dutch TTS engine?

Thank you in advanced.

Regards

do you have a suggestion for a professional dutch TTS engine?
Not familiar with Dutch TTS. You'll need to just find which TTS vendors make a Dutch version and test the output for yourself. VoiceGuide uses a SAPI interface to TTS, which every TTS maker supports, so you should not have any issues with compatability.