VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voicemail Error

On several occasions a caller will leave a voicemail and it will show up in the VM Manager as a message but when I try to play it, I receive an error from Sound Recorder stating, "The file "C:\...." is not a valid wave sound file." and I am unable to play the message. Can you analyze the attached log and tell me why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks

VMProblem.txt

Is this the problems sound file? :

C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\data\VmSave\14_0404102950_1_1_5188483126_.wav

Could you please post the actual file itself and the ktTel trace from 0404 (0404_ktTel.txt) ?

Please .ZIP up both files before posting.

Just noticed from the trace that you have an old version of VoiceGuide installed on this system - v7.1

v7.1 is over 2 years old.

Please update your system to current version of VoiceGuide v7

I think you will find that you do not encounter any such issues with current version of VoiceGuide v7.

Ok, I made the upgrade. The system will no longer forward the messeges. I have VG set up to forward messeges to another phone number. After the upgrade, it will no longer forward and their are several errors in the attached files. Please note the last incoming call.

0413_ktTel.zip

0413_0919_vgEngine.zip

Please remove the entire <Dialer> section from the Config.xml and restart the VoiceGuide service.

The Config.xml file was retained from the previous VG version,

The current VG version uses a different dialer database. Removing the entire <Dialer> section will let VG use the default settings.