VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voicemail - Pbx Integration Questions

I'm about to do a little custom development for vm integration and have a couple vm-related questions:

1. Because I'll be integrating with a PBX, I was really hoping to get VoiceGuide to dial my pbx's digits to turn the new message waiting lamp on and off (63[station] and 64[station] respectively). Thus far I haven't spotted any suitable hooks in the prebuilt voicemail functionality and also haven't yet concocted a method of my own - Are there hooks in the voicemail module to do this and I'm just not seeing it in the configs? Meanwhile, I'm going to go attempt to combine a script and a Play module to detect new message status and take appropriate action at the end of any call where a user goes into the vm system.

2. I notice that any custom keys added to a VoicemailBox element through external programs (to support add'l advanced processing) get removed if any changes are made through the Voicemail Manager. I assume the case is the same for any changes made through the Voicemail Module when VoiceGuide is running. I'll be getting around this issue by creating a separate config file for any additional data but was just wondering if there are any plans to support intermingling of data as I describe/envision.

3. Is there any file locking mechanism in place to prevent accidental data loss (e.g. - Two users in a multi user environment attempting to change their password at the same time) for data in the xml config file?

Thanks!

-Dustin

1. This is not supported in the current version of VoiceGuide, but will be integrated into the Voicemail system within the next few months. In the meantime a workaround such as you describe would be needed to turn the message waiting lamps on/off.

2. Could you please describe in more detail what you are trying to achieve, and which settings are being reset.

3. Only one VoiceGuide process can write to that file at a time.