VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Some Help Please

I am useing a d/41d card with a nokia premicell with windows xp.

I am trying to ring a range of numbers .and log answer machine human or disconected thats it .no wave files or anything else I have been trying todo this for months now .the script runs fine until I go to the log file there are diconnected numbers in the human log.

Ive tried today useing two preicells to get the correct freq but that never worked I can get all the tones exept the disconnect.

Has any body got the correct freq for dialing cell phones ,Im in the Uk dont know if differnt countries have different tones.

I would be keen to hear anybody else,s thoughts on this I am at the end of my tether with this now.

I now have all the tones but it still cannot detect if a cell phone call is dead or not ,

Vg Dials a range of numbers all I want to see is if a phone rings or not I am getting dead lines in with contacted,Voice and answer.

Sounds like the phone company is not playing the correct 'unavailable', 'disconnect' or 'fast busy' tones when dead numbers are called - and then the dialer treats the long silence on the line as an answered call - would you say that is correct?

Not much that can be done if the phone company is not playing the correct tones to indicate 'dead numbers'...

If I dial a queue of number even 10 it will not detect dead lines when I try the numbers one at a time in vg it will recognize dead numbers. It must be something to do with the speed it dials the queue of numbers .is the cell phone taking to long to clear the last call.

I have read the other threads on how to slow it down but none of them work.

Would it be different phone off a fixed cell terminal to a cell phone as an analog line?

I can’t believe that hundreds of pounds worth of hardware and software cannot detect a ring tone and a dead tone which is all I need the thing to do.

Please provide a trace of VG calling the 10 numbers in one batch and then a trace of calling the numbers individually. We can then see what is causing the different results.

Maybe the configuration of the busy/disconnect tones is not quite set spot on, and that is why sometimes you get calls to a certain number reported by the Dialogic card as busy and sometimes as disconnected.

I'd recommend just testing with one number.

Take the phone off the hook and then set up 10 calls to the same number, once as individually and once in a batch to 10 calls - then you will have a much better set of data to compare...

I have done that I took the phone off the hook and dialed it 10 times It took it busy every time .

I have now recorded the tone (dead tone) and put it into pbx expert Now it just takes every thing an answerd .

I must be doing somthing wrong .

Am I setting the dailogic card wrong ?

I have been working on this for months.

If I dial a range of numbers it will get 50% of dead tones as live ,but if I then dial those same 50% of dead numbers singly I detects them as dead and not placed in the Contacted human log.

Has any body else tried dialing cell phones this way ?

I have done that I took the phone off the hook and dialed it 10 times It took it busy every time .

Looks like it reliably detects the number as busy.

Are you saying that when you then dialed the same number as part of a 'range' that you got a different result - ie: that it was detected as 'live answer' ?

When VG dials a number it does not know if the number has been entered into the list of numbers to be called as a range, or individually. The range just gets input into the OutDial database as a list of individual numbers which were in the range. That is why it's a bit surprising when you say that VG detects the number as answering OK when one input method is used and as detects it as busy if another input method is used.

Hi ive attached the two wave files Im set up If I could get it just to tell these to tones apart thats all i need for now.

tones.zip

In the sound file that captures the ringback tone we can hear a tone being played after the first two ringbacks - and that tone is played for a very long time and is of the same frequency as the disconnected tone captured in another sound file.

This is highly unusual - why is the phone company playing this tone after first playing two ringbacks? After it plays that tone it goes back to playing ringbacks so I assume that the call is made to an existing phone number... (is it?)

Is this type of ringback always played or only sometimes? I assume that it is only played sometimes as if it is always played then all calls would be detected as 'disconnected'.

Can you please ask your phone company in what circumstances this 'ringback with disconnect' tone is played?

It may be possible to stop detecting the 'ringback with disconnect' as a straight 'disconnected' tone by increasing the minimum time length that a disconnect tone must be present to a large value - say 5 seconds.

sorry just checked the wave I sent and it two tones in one file I was useing the shops computer .

It really is just the ring bit of that file and the dead tone is the continues tones.

could you please tell me what setting i should put in for these tones.

I am sorry for the confusion I caused .

The disconnect tone frequency is 400Hz.

What are your current settings for both Disconnect tones in your Dialogic TSP config? Please sow screenshots for both and the we can advise what needs to be modified.

In config4.bmp leave the TSFFileName setting blank - we will set the disconnect tones using the TSP Config window.

In configdila2.bmp and configdila3.bmp please try the following settings:

Freq1 : 400

Freq1 deviation : 50

Freq2 : 0

Freq1 deviation : 0

On time : 200

On time deviation : 20

Off time : 0

Off time deviation : 0

Repetition count : 1

Please try with these settings - I believe these should work for continuous tone detection.

ok done all that still no change still getting live and dead in the same list.is there anything else i have missed

Please provide a few telephone numbers that are disconnected (please provide the country code as well).

We'll try a few calls to these numbers and see if our setup correctly detects them as disconnected.

I am now convinced it’s a timing problem, I dialed a range of a 100 numbers and 30% of calls were disconnected in the human contact log.

when I tried these same disconnected numbers as separate numbers using vg it detected as disconected.so now believe that it must be the speed its dialing numbers.

These are all dead numbers.

+44 7967444538

+44 7967444535

+44 7967444551

The range I dialed was +44 7967445xx

Turns out it's a bit hard to test these numbers by somebody else, as what is played in situations when a number is disconnected differs depending which company is used to call from.

eg. we get a recorded message saying "The number you have called is not in service"

It looks like you really should be looking at using Digital ISDN lines here (T1/E1). ISDN lines give instant feedback on whether the number is disconnected or whether it is busy, or has been answered.

So the upshot of this canot tell two different tones ?

So this hardware and software is no use to me what so ever .

all the other people that use this are playing a message to dead phones.

Please try this test:

Load the following into the list of numbers to be called:

+44 796744453x

+44 7967444538

+44 7967444535

And for an ''On Answer" script have a record module just record for 20 seconds or so and then hang up.

The number input above will dial a range as well as the numbers 'individually' - giving us a comparison of how the system reacts when calling the same numbers as part of a range dial and individual dial. If the rate of mis-recognition on your system is as height as 30% then it should only take a few cycles though the test to get situation where a 'live' answer has been reported for +44 7967444538 or +44 7967444535.

Let it make the calls and then .zip and once this mis-recognition occurs please post the trace which captures the numbers which were called as well as all of the recordings made by the record module - these recordings will let us hear what was actually happening on the line when VoiceGuide reported a call as 'answered by a human'.