VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Answer Timeout Script

Hi VG,

I am trying to log Answer Timeout attempts to a database.

We need to be able to execute a VB script for each of the retry attempts. Is there any way of doing this without Starting the script before someone picks up? Can I run a script for escallation instead of placing another call?

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank You.

Right now the only way to do this would be to have the call retries setting set to 0 and use the OnNotConnected script. You can load a new call form within the OnNotConnected script, effectively handling your own redial scheduling and escalations.

If the on not connected script runs, has the attempt already been subtracted from the call attempts? (Has the call already been deleted from the cue?) If not, couldn't I just add a retry to the current call each time the not connected script runs? So it would never leave the cue unless its answered.

Do you think that would work?

Thanks

If the on not connected script runs, has the attempt already been subtracted from the call attempts?

Yes.

Has the call already been deleted from the cue?

Pretty sure it would. Looking a the trace log will show you the time at which the script is ran and when the database entry is deleted.

If you find that you’d need to have VoiceGuide works slightly modified to suit your needs then send an email to sales@voiceguide.com for a quite on supplying a version with the modification or adding the feature you need into the software.