VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg Service Down

Hello,

One of our customers' VG application went down last night.

We restarted the application and it runs fine now, but I would like to know the cause of this problem.

We identified that VG service "crashed" at 1:16 AM on 8/26 according to the Windows Event Viewer log (please see the attached screen shot).

I attach the VG logs along with the Report generated by Windows event viewer.

Would you be able to tell why the service went down?

The server is Windows2K8 64bit with HMP driver.

Thanks.

VG_Down.zip

In the screenshot of the Windows Event Viewer provided there were a couple more entries at the same time.

Can you please look at these and post .wer dumps of those other two entries?

Event viewer shows that the error that ocurred in vgIvrService.exe was:

System.InvalidOperationException

There is an exception showing up in vgEngine trace at about the same time, but perhaps this vgEngine exception occurred because the System.InvalidOperationException was already occurred. Also the exception showing up in the trace was handled, so it shoudl have given rise to System.InvalidOperationException that is showing up in the Event Viewer.

We have not seen this error before, and will look into it and advise. Details of the other two event log entries as mentioned above may help in tracking this issue down.

port_7.txt

The error occurred on 26th at 1:16AM.

Can we please get the ktTel trace from 26th? (ktTel from 25th was included in uploaded .ZIP)

Also, were there any more entries in the vgEngine trace after the extract that was posted?

If yes then can you please post the entire 0826_0115_vgEngine trace?

Thanks for your reply.

In the screenshot of the Windows Event Viewer provided there were a couple more entries at the same time.

Can you please look at these and post .wer dumps of those other two entries?

Those were not App crash errors so there was no .wer file, instead I added the Event logs themselves.

Can we please get the ktTel trace from 26th? (ktTel from 25th was included in uploaded .ZIP)

I have included that file in this attachment.

were there any more entries in the vgEngine trace after the extract that was posted?

No, that was the entire file. I added the next trace log just in case.

Please let me know if you need something else for this issue.

VG_Down_2.zip

Thank you for the traces.

This obscure bug was caused by when a 'Run VBScript" type module in an "On Hangup" script was started at almost the same time as the first module of the main script - also a "Run VBScript" type module.

This was caused in turn by the call being ended by caller 10ms after it was answered:

011557.038 18  22   7 ev    CallState GCEV_ANSWERED, crn=8000007, iEvent=2 ,256,1,4, s1:, s2:, s3:]. build_date: 2013-05-01 13:54:35.08

011557.048 18  22   7 ev    CallState GCEV_DISCONNECTED, crn=8000007, iEvent=2 ,16384,0,64, s1:, s2:, s3:]. build_date: 2013-05-01 13:54:35.08

This bug was unhanded in software and resulted in the problem.

The version below fixes the issue:

[old link removed]

Please note that the above is based on a Beta version of v7.4.

To upgrade just stop service and exit all applications, and then install over the top of existing VoiceGuide install.