VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

After Welcome Message No Matter What I Dial Vg Hangsup

I have vg 7.4.1 enterprise with dialer 4 port with dialogic hmp I had everything working well and I downloaded and upgraded

to vg 7.4.2 now when you call into the system no matter what you dial system just hangs up

Can you please post VoiceGuide debug trace files capturing the system startup and incoming calls.

We can then see what is happening on the system.

Please .ZIP up the traces before posting them.

help my system is crashed big time and I have tried everything to get it back up!!!!!

We purchased system from you back a few months 4 port enterprise with dialer using HMP voip

the install went fine had trouble with sip for a while and dropping sip so I went straight ip auth in/out

and have had the system little by little working out the bugs, and I got the system running really good

and rock solid, I was looking in adding into the system acd and ive been struggling with that, so last night

my server is in mobile Alabama and I am in Arkansas so I installed and configured and programmed it remotely

using teamviewer,, last night I file transferred the dialogic folder anf the voiceguide folder from server to myself

as I was happy with the system was doing that for a backup, I have been running version 7.4.1 and I decided to upgrade

to version 7.4.2 and I had been seeing where you've told other people to upgrade by justrunning the new version install

letting it install over the old version,, bad move on my part crash big time,, the system came up in evaluation mode

and all my data was gone,, I went back through license manager in dialogic then same with voiceguide and still no go so

I then file transferred back the dialogic folder and the voiceguide folder and went through the license managers again

and the system came back up but when you call into it it would answer and play our greeting but when you dialed anything it would

immediately hangup disconnect I got to looking at the log files and it seemed from what I could tell it couldn't find the path to system files

nor even the modules,, so I iuninstalled everything and did a new install just like I did the first time I installed it the dialogic hmp software

applied the license everything looking good then installed version 7.4.1 again and license took when I restarted the system it came back up

with only 3 lines even thought my config.xml has 4 and its in evaluation mode again and its not sending out sip or anything so

I am totally down.

chris.chandler479@gmail.com

479-220-9952

help

Please post the VoiceGuide Debug Traces that capture system startup.

We can then see what is happening on your system.

VoiceGuide Debug Traces are the ktTel and vgEngine trace files created in Voiceguide’s \log\ subdirectory.

Please .ZIP up any traces before posting them on the support forum.

I have re-installed again dialogic and then voiceguide ,, I finally copied the voiceguide folder from my remote computer back to the servers voiceguide folder and I went through all the license manager stuff again and both managers showed successful,, the system now has come back up with 4 ports hmp like its supposed to and has started talking back onto the network and did sip registration but it is now totally 100% running in evaluation mode and when you call in it answers and plays greeting but soon as you dial anything it hangs up,

so my 4 port voip HMP enterprise+dialer purchased is running in evaluation mode

disconnects as soon as you dial anything when the greeting tells you to dial 5 digit ext or dial; * to retrieve vmail

I have attached a zip file with logs from the 6th which the system was great this before I tried to upgrade to ver 7.4.2

then you will find files for the 11th and it acts like its only taking 3 digits then hangs up as well as im in evalyation mode

please gwt back asap my boss is getting pissed

0211_ktTts.zip

vgEngine trace shows system is running in Evaluation mode:

210443.716 7 reg *******************************************************
210443.716 7 reg UNREGISTERED EVALUATION VERSION, lines: 60 id: | LK6A4A53
210443.716 7 reg ********************************************************

Have you ran the VoiceGuide License Manager using the 'As Administrator' option?

Your VoiceGuide license should be in the file userinfo.ini in VoiceGuide directory.

Does the userinfo.ini file on your system contain the license details?

Regarding the 'call ending' issue.

It looks like there are problems on this system with running the VBScript module - which is used by the Voicemail subsystem.

file: C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide\system\vm\VmLm.vgs

module title: VmLmStart

The system encounters an error at this VBscript type module and ends the call.

v7.4.2 by default uses a different method of executing VBScripts in 'Run VBScript' modules.

To change the system to use the old method (used by v7.4.1 and prior) please set the following entry in VoiceGuide's VG.INI file in section [moduleRunScript]

Engine=WSH

and then restart the VoiceGuide service.

It is unclear what is causing the error when running the VBScript using the internal script engine. Perhaps some sort of permission related issue? We will see if we can replicate this problem on our test servers.

211253.996   7   3   1       NewVgsVgm_Goto C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide\system\vm\VmLm.vgs,VmLmStart,[VmbId]{10000},,,0
211253.998   7   3   1       NewVgsVgm_Goto_Setup  dest=C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide\system\vm\VmLm.vgs|VmLmStart, return=|, lSaveSourceOnCallStack=0
211253.999   7   3   1       rv    add   ScriptEnd_Time|2014-02-11 21:12:53
211253.999   7   3   1       rv    add   ScriptEnd_Goto_Script|C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide\system\vm\VmLm.vgs
211253.999   7   3   1       rv    add   ScriptEnd_Goto_Module|VmLmStart
211253.999   7   3   1       WriteToLogFiles_CurrScriptOnly begin
211254.000   7   3   1       WriteToLogFiles_DoWrite begin : strLogFnameLessSuffix=C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Voicemail Server\Voicemail Server
211254.000   7   3   1       WriteToLogFiles_DoWrite : log subdirectory does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Voicemail Server\log
211254.002   7   3   1       WriteToLogFiles_DoWrite completed
211254.002   7   3   1       rv    add   ScriptStart_Time|2014-02-11 21:12:53
211254.002   7   3   1       rv    add   ScriptStart_CalledFrom_Script|C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Voicemail Server\Voicemail Server.vgs
211254.002   7   3   1       rv    add   ScriptStart_CalledFrom_Module|Welcome
211254.005   7   3   1       FindFullPathToScript_VgsOrVgp start [C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide\system\vm\VmLm.vgs]
211254.005   7               VgsScriptLoad load start [C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide\system\vm\VmLm.vgs] iVgsLoadCounter=2
211254.005   7               VgsScriptLoad iVgsId=2
211254.005   7               VgsScriptLoad about to do ProcessVgsEntry loop
211254.019   7   3   1       loaded     [C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide\system\vm\VmLm.vgs] into:2
211254.019   7   3   1       ScriptToRunOnHangup=[VmLmHangup.vgs] in NewVgsVgm_SetVgsVgm 1
211254.019   7   3   1       rvns  add   ScriptsPath|C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide\system\vm\
211254.019   7   3   1       ScriptToRunOnHangup=[VmLmHangup.vgs] in NewVgsVgm_SetVgsVgm NewVgsVgm_SetActualVgsVgm
211254.019   7   3   1       rv    add   VmbId|10000
211254.020   7   3   1 t     timer clear (force=False)
211254.020   7   3   1       RunModule start Run VB Script, [VmLmStart], iModuleIdx=7, previous: vgm=7, vgs=2:2
211254.020   7   3   1 t     timer set   30 sec : EV_TIMEOUT_HANGUP
211254.021   7   3   1       QueueUserWorkItem scrmod_RunVbs.RunModule call
211254.021   7   2   0       NewVgsVgm_Goto end
211254.025   4   3   1       runscr start - ClearScriptV8
211254.025   4   3   1       runscrunscr new VBScriptEngine call
211254.039   4   3   1       runscrunscr new engine created
211254.039   4   3   1 state [VmLmStart] RunScript, wait=1
211254.039   4   3   1       rv    replace start (strlen>500)
211254.040   4   3   1       runscr waiting. wait=1
211254.041   4   3   1       moh file not specified
211254.041   4   3   1       runscr .Execute call
211254.047   4   3   1 ERROR RunScript_ClearScriptV8_ScriptEngineException
ERROR InnerException:
ERROR ErrorDetails:
ERROR Message: Exception of type 'Microsoft.ClearScript.ScriptEngineException' was thrown.
ERROR Source: ClearScript
ERROR StackTrace:    at Microsoft.ClearScript.ScriptEngine.ThrowScriptError(IScriptEngineException scriptError)
   at Microsoft.ClearScript.Windows.WindowsScriptEngine.ThrowScriptError(Exception exception)
   at Microsoft.ClearScript.Windows.WindowsScriptEngine.<>c__DisplayClass14.<ScriptInvoke>b__13()
   at Microsoft.ClearScript.ScriptEngine.ScriptInvoke(Action action)
   at Microsoft.ClearScript.Windows.WindowsScriptEngine.ScriptInvoke(Action action)
   at Microsoft.ClearScript.Windows.WindowsScriptEngine.Execute(String documentName, String code, Boolean evaluate, Boolean discard)
   at (Object , String )
   at ..(Object oParam)

211254.050   4   3   1       HangupCall (RunModule_Script_AfterScriptStarted_1) crn_in=0, L1=Connected, L2=Running_Normal, lPlayId=0, lRecId=0

I will logon to the server and check the userinfo.ini file I didn't know that was where the license went to .

yes I ran the license manager a bunch of times

also are you saying that if I want to install 7.4.2 and keep my vmail files that I can add that entry to vg.ini

should I just resinstall ver 7.4.1 which I believe that I have already done

I will lwt you know in just a bit im gonna logon to my server i'll let you know

thanks,

chris

In v7.4.2 you can use the VG.INI setting to have VoiceGuide run VBScript modules in same way as they were ran in v7.4.1 and prior.

v7.4.2 by default uses an internal engine to run VBScript modules.

v7.4.1 and prior used an external engine to run VBScript modules.

VoiceGuide voicemail scripts use a fair few VBScript modules.

As a further note we did a fresh install of VoiceGuide v7.4.2 on a Windows 2008R2 + HMP3.0SU347 system and found no issues with 7.4.2 running the Voicemail scripts or any other VBScript modules when using the internal script engine.

If you see any other instances of "ScriptEngineException" errors being reported in VoiceGuide's vgEngine trace then please advise further on your system configuration.

Are you perhaps running any anti-virus type software on this server?

Update: Traces supplied in further posts from user indicate that VBScript modules now run fine on this system when using the internal scripting engine.