VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Keeping Formating Sql Queries

Hi,

Is possible to change database query module to keep sql query text formating?

When I create sql query to see query structure i format text to see better sub-queries, and other elements, but after insert to VG database query module i lost formating and sometimes VG cutting some spaces, appending query elements ( joining variables and operators) and returning SQL errors.

Can you to keep whole text with formating in this module in log file too?

Because when I analyze errors better is to see structure and data with hierarchy.

sometimes VG cutting some spaces, appending query elements ( joining variables and operators) and returning SQL errors.

Can you post some traces or script examples that capture this happening or show how the 'cutting some spaces' or 'joining variables and operators' occurs?

We'll raise the request to keep the text formatting as entered by user - but this is separate from the two things mentioned above. VG should not be removing any spaces or 'joining variables and operators'.

SELECT *FROM

( (...) as maxy on lista_placowek.placowka=maxy.placowka_idORDER BY maxy.max_id asc )

UNION ALL

( SELECT *FROM (...) as maxy on lista_placowek.placowka=maxy.placowka_idORDER BY maxy.max_id asc ) ) as dwa

Structure was:

SELECT *

FROM(

(

SELECT ... as maxy on lista_placowek.placowka=maxy.placowka_id

ORDER BY maxy.max_id asc

)

UNION ALL

(

SELECT ... as maxy on lista_placowek.placowka=maxy.placowka_id

ORDER BY maxy.max_id asc

)

) as dwa

It happen sometimes. And each time after pasting sql query to Database Query Module I close module and reopen to check query structure seeking this problem.

Easier to all is to save query text structure.

The 'end of line' characters between the "placowka_id" and "ORDER" should have been replaced by spaces (which does not affect SQL statement functionality).

Would need to see vgEngine traces capturing the error if you are encountering otherwise.

As per before; we'll raise the request to keep the text formatting as entered by user.

Thanks,

I will waiting for a keep formating functionality.

Not properly replacing 'end of line' happened directly after closing Database Query Module.

To be sure that insert is correct I paste sql query to module, press OK, reopen module, copy sql query and make test in sql tool.

Hi is any progress in case keeping or replacing \r\n or other invisible characters by space in sql queries inserted into VG modules (evaluate experssion, database query)?

we create SQL QUERY in editor with structures and after insert into VG modules we lost structure and \r\n what make queries unusable.

Looks like this fix should be available in version that is scheduled for release in 2-4 weeks.

Please update your system to this version of VoiceGuide v7:

[old link removed]

This version keeps SQL expressions formatted as they were typed in originally.

(other fixes include better handling of Run VBScript module error conditions)