VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voip Outgoing Calls #first Steps

Hello,

I just managed to connect properly to the SIP provider. Now I'm a bit lost in how to start playing with outgoing calls

I just started with the VG loader but i can't place this first call. Could you please guide me in these first steps.

Tkx

log.zip

Have you been able to place incoming calls into the system?

Please post traces that capture the incoming call.

Please also post WireShark traces that capture the SIP traffic during VoiceGuide service startup and the incoming and outgoing calls.

See www.wireshark.org to download WireShark.

Type:

sip

in the Filter text box to only display the SIP traffic.

Here is the wireshark trace for Voigeguied Startup and outgoing calls (in the meantime)

I'm trying to make incoming call.s. still cant do it .. im waiting the provider to roote the DDI

thanks

post-19783-0-27031800-1424036791_thumb.png

Can you please try attaching the trace again.

Maybe please try .ZIPing up the trace before attaching it.

Please post your current Config.xml (remove password first and then .ZIP up before posting)

When placing the outgoing call please specify the outgoing call's CallerID in the Options field.

Please try specifying it like this:

<CallerID>71039072@sip.cmrp.net</CallerID>

or maybe just like this:

<CallerID>71039072</CallerID>

Please also add this entry to your <VoIP_Authentications> section of Config.xml:

<VoIP_Authentication>
<Display></Display>
<Realm>ultimcore</Realm>
<Identity></Identity>
<AuthUsername>71039072</AuthUsername>
<AuthPassword>xxxxxxxx</AuthPassword>
</VoIP_Authentication>

Just to make sure i have understood, "<Realm>ultimcore</Realm>" was missing in my config file?

As im using the VG Outbound call loader, should i specify this in the Call option pannel ? Do I have to put only 71039072@sip.cmrp.net or should i put the full "<CallerID>71039072@sip.cmrp.net</CallerID>" string ?

Thanks

Please add an additional <VoIP_Authentication> entry that has the <Realm>ultimcore</Realm> setting in it.

Please use the full string in the Options field, including the XML tags.

The authentication on outgoing call is now working, and the new authenticated INVITE is re-issued by HMP/VoiceGuide, but now we get back a 404 which means that call cannot be routed.

You need to contact SIP service provider and ask them why their Asterisk PBX is responding with a 404 instead of routing an authenticated outgoing call. Forward to them the attached WireShark trace which shows what is happening.

404 on outgoing call.zip

Hello,

I have sent that to the service provider and waiting the anwser. I let you know when i got the feedback .

In the meantime i would have 2 questions on the outgoing call loader (see screen shots)

- _Outgoing_1: Why does the TimeSchdeule set to 00:01 where i have loaded the number at 11:55 ? is there somehting wrong there

- _Outgoing_2: How can i specify am/pm time slots.. i only have 1:00 to 12:00 ?

thanks

Mz

post-19783-0-38361200-1424084547_thumb.png

post-19783-0-07965600-1424084550_thumb.png

The "TimeScheduled" is set on the Scheduling tab. And we can see in the second screenshot that the scheduled time is set to be 12:01AM on 16th February, so the call was loaded as set.

Call will be dialed if the scheduled time is equal to or older then the current time - so loading a call with a time older then current time will still result in call being made immediately.

Regarding the AM/PM not being seen on the Scheduling tab, is the system perhaps set to use 24-hour clock, or is the default way in which the time is reported is the 24 hour time?

The AM/PM should be displayed.

What is the language setting on this system? Is "AM/PM" used when writing the time in that language or is a longer expression used? Is it possible that the longer way of writing AM/PM is just not fitting into the time textbox?

Hello,

My PC is in EN language and I dont see AM/PM and if i had a longer format i would see 00h to 24h . on the tab i have only the choice from 1h to 12h so i dont know if we are talking about AM ot PM so impossible to know if when calls are supposed to start and stop...

Like the example i have attahcheed where you see the schedule timeis older than the clock time and the call does not go.

I have attahced logs ans screen shots

Tkx

Joe

capture3.zip

post-19783-0-63514100-1424179485_thumb.png

log.zip

i have solved the timeformat issues. It was due to the wrong date format from the Windows regionnal options : intl.cpl

Good to hear it was resolved.

So you now see AM/PM in the time textbox?

Did you change the "system locale" or something else?