VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Help With Dialogic Board Purchase

Hello,

I'm currently using VoiceGuide (TAPI) 5.2.5032 Enterprise 2 line with dialer using two PCI analog voice modems. It has served me well (thank you very much for VoiceGuide).

I'm currently configuring a new computer. Instead of re-installing & configuring my two voice modems in the new machine, perhaps I should upgrade to a single PCI slot Dialogic card.

I have sent sales@voiceguide.com a request for pricing. However, I know nothing of telephony boards and I would like to ask some technical questions here on the forum.

OS is WindowsXP SP2.

I have no pbx or T-1.

My questions are:

1. Are Dialogic model numbers D/4PCIUF or D/4PCIU4S the best choice for me?

2. Can I still use the AT&T Natural Voices I purchased & speech recognition with a dialogic board?

3. I've heard the newest Dialogic cards no longer support TAPI. I believe that the VG version for Dialogic does not use TAPI, but is TAPI support within the Dialogic card dependent on a driver version? I understand nothing about feature packs & driver versions 5.1, 6.0 etc. but I will purchase whatever is necessary.

4. On the Dialogic web site, D/4PCIUF or D/4PCIU4S are available as PCI or PCIe. I have extra slots of PCI & PCIe on my new computer. Do you recommend one form factor over the other?

5. What is the Dialogic Diva Analog-2P? It only has 2 analog ports, but is it compatable with VoiceGuide? Is it better than the D/4PCI series? Is it something I should consider?

Thank you all for your time.

Regards,

Chris

Washington, DC

1. Are Dialogic model numbers D/4PCIUF or D/4PCIU4S the best choice for me?

D/4PCIUF is the best choice for systems which do not require "Dial and Conference" (ie: tromboned) transfers.

2. Can I still use the AT&T Natural Voices I purchased & speech recognition with a dialogic board?

AT&T TTS can be used. For Speech Recognition you'd need a D/4PCIU4S instead.

3. I've heard the newest Dialogic cards no longer support TAPI.

Correct. The SR6.0 drivers should be suplied with the card (make sure of this when ordering the card!).

4. On the Dialogic web site, D/4PCIUF or D/4PCIU4S are available as PCI or PCIe. I have extra slots of PCI & PCIe on my new computer. Do you recommend one form factor over the other?

No preference. PCI has been around for longer. PCIe has just been released. Probably would choose PCI if given the choice at this stage just because it is a more proven card.

5. What is the Dialogic Diva Analog-2P? It only has 2 analog ports, but is it compatable with VoiceGuide? Is it better than the D/4PCI series? Is it something I should consider?

The "Diva" range only supports TAPI and another set of drivers (not SR6.0 drivers).

The 'Diva' range used to be branded "Eicon" but have now (as of a few months ago) been placed under the Dialogic brand.

"VoiceGuide for Dialogic" cannot be used with the Dialogic "Diva" range.

"VoiceGuide for Dialogic" can only be used with the 'traditional' Dialogic cards which use the SR6.x or SR5.x drivers.

You can use the "VoiceGuide for TAPI" with the 'Diva' range. But we would recommend using "VoiceGuide for Dialogic" with the 'traditional' Dialogic cards.

For Speech Recognition you'd need a D/4PCIU4S instead.

O.K. (I don't need speech recognition, but if I ever choose to in the future, I'd rather have the correct hardware already installed.)

. . . But we would recommend using "VoiceGuide for Dialogic" with the 'traditional' Dialogic cards.

Thank you for the info and the recommendation.

Regards,

Chris