VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voiceguide Doesn't Answer

Hi

I have recently "upgraded" to a Dialogic D4PCIUF board, with Voiceguide 7.

Recently, the Voiceguide service seems to be functioning correctly, but after 3 or 4 days it stops answering the calls.

During this stop, the "line status" application tells me that no lines are available for the inbound calls.

The Windows XP Event Viewer doesn't tell me anything about the stop.

If I stop and restart the Voiceguide service, all is functioning correctly again, and the "line status" application tells me that 4 lines are available for the inbound calls.

I really don't know how to diagnose the problem !

Thank you for your help

Enrico

Please post the VoiceGuide traces from the days on which the restarts were made. We can then see what happened on the system.

Trace files are created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

Hi

In the attached files the contents of the Voiceguide\log directory: all the log files of January 14, 15 and 16 have been enclosed.

What I can see is that a few failed calls should have happened at January 14, at about 08:00 - 08:30, and at January 16, at the same time.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me.

Enrico

log.zip

These log files do have some strange entries in them, with some log entries seemingly missing and others containing unexpected data.

Which version of Dialogic drivers are used on this machine?

Is anything else running on this system apart from Dialogic drives and VoiceGuide?

These log files do have some strange entries in them, with some log entries seemingly missing and others containing unexpected data.

> Which version of Dialogic drivers are used on this machine?

Dialogic Service Release 6 on Windows XP, acquired recently from the same reseller that gave us the board.

> Is anything else running on this system apart from Dialogic drives and VoiceGuide?

Just a few things: Timbuktu Pro to control remotely the machine, Skype and the usual Windows processes.

My suspect is that voiceguide "went out" to control the dialogic board after a successful incoming call, but this happens completely random, not in a deterministic way: on January 13 we had 5 or 6 incoming calls, and the machine continued to answer until January 14.

Hi,

I finally downloaded the "dev.zip" file with the SU184 drivers: it was in effect different from the file I downloaded a few months ago from the Dialogic web site.

Unfortunately, with the "new" drivers a new problem appeared: the DCM application doesn't start his "service", telling me that there is an "Error starting Dialogic service".

What am I doing wrong ?

Sorry for posting this here but I'm really in a hurry to let this machine work, at least with a few errors sometimes. But now it is completely stopped !

Sorry for the previous message, a simple reboot solved the problem.

Now the drivers suggested are in use: I will send a new message just in case of another stop.

Thank you

Enrico

Hi,

During last night, or maybe this morning, the 4 available lines went invisible again in the "Line Status" application.

The last successful call happened yesterday (January 26) at 18:50.

The first unsuccessful call happened today (January 27) at about 9:00.

In the attached file the contents of the "Voiceguide\log" directory of the last two days.

Thank you for your help

Enrico

log_270109.zip

In the VgEngine trace we see that the Dialogic drivers report DISCONNECT events all of a sudden after a time of no event activity. eg. on 27th:

012256.467 18 3 ev Dialogic 134,TDX_CST, crn=1000000a, 1003,0,0,DE_TONEON,DISCONNECT_USER_1,

Have you tried checking if these events correspond with the times of new incoming calls arriving? It would be best for you to make a test call when the system is in this state and see what VoiceGuide writes in log files at that time.

Another thing that can be seen in the logs is that the Dialogic drivers on this system sometimes report odd event parameters, eg CallerID has strange values:

184717.458 18 5 ev lev_CallerID [10412332121070519511212121212111104123321210705195112121212121211299,,]

Are these phone lines supplied by a phone company, or do they come from a PBX? Which one?

Traces show VoiceGuide is actually reacting to events from Dialogic, it's just that Dialogic does not indicate that there are any new calls, just Disconnect tones on line...

The tone detection should not fire when the call is not answered, but it may be a good idea to change the DISCONNECT tone definitions to an unlikely setting, eg. 2000Hz, 10 secs on/off and high repetitions just to turn off this detection and see if that changes anything.

>Another thing that can be seen in the logs is that the Dialogic drivers on this system sometimes report odd event parameters, eg CallerID has strange >values:

>

>184717.458 18 5 ev lev_CallerID [10412332121070519511212121212111104123321210705195112121212121211299,,]

>

>Are these phone lines supplied by a phone company, or do they come from a PBX? Which one?

>

3 of the 4 available jacks have a phone line connected: 1 to a PBX (Siemens Hipath 4000), the other 2 are supplied by the phone company.

>Traces show VoiceGuide is actually reacting to events from Dialogic, it's just that Dialogic does not indicate that there are any new calls, just Disconnect >tones on line...

>

>The tone detection should not fire when the call is not answered, but it may be a good idea to change the DISCONNECT tone definitions to an unlikely >setting, eg. 2000Hz, 10 secs on/off and high repetitions just to turn off this detection and see if that changes anything.

Could you give me a suggestion on how to change it ? Maybe through the "PBX Expert" application ?

Thank you

Could you give me a suggestion on how to change it ?

For instructions on settng the Disconenct/etc tones please see http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...ctiondetect.htm :

The Disconnect tone must be set in ConfigLine.xml file which can be found in VoiceGuide's \data\ subdirectory.

The Tone definitions which should be edited is the DISCONNECT_USER_1 or DISCONNECT_USER_2

What I've done: changed the definition of DISCONNECT_USER_1 to 2000 Hz in Voiceguide\Config\ConfigLine.xml, leaving DISCONNECT_USER_2 unchanged.

This morning the problem happened again, after two successful calls, on the phone lines supplied by the telephone company.

In the log file there was a new disconnection, this time from DISCONNECT_USER_2.

Now I've changed also the second tone definition, DISCONNECT_USER_2, to 2000 Hz.

This should do the trick - at least I hope so !

Thank you again for your precious help

Enrico