VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Transfer Troubles

I asked before in here about problems with voiceguide transferring calls

System windows XP + Dialogic D4/PCI all drivers SP + FP installed and the PBX is capable of transferring internal and external

calls.

After trying lots of options I decided to try another piece of software just to find out what the problem is, and to mu suprise the computer could transfer internal and external calls without problems.

But I really like to use voiceguide but it seems it just won;t give a proper hookflash to my PBX (120ms), it must be a voiceguideproblem as the other components seem to work fine?

I only hear the number dialed , but it doesn't give a hookflash!

is there anyway to force it in a INI file , please help!

We have had reports of other users experiencing problems with call transfers when using Dialoigc cards under XP - the Dialogic system Release 5.X drivers are not certified for use under XP and the hookflsh problem that you desdcribe is the main problem that we have found with using Dialogic TAPI drivers under XP.

I recommend switching to using Win2000 - when using Win2000 you will be able to perform call transfers.

What other software did you use? Did it use TAPI drivers like VoiceGuide does to allow you to work with any voice board or voice modem or was it written to be used with Dialoigc cards only?

I tried SQLphone 5.0 and it worked the first time I tried it. I hope voiceguide will also be able to work

properly with windowsXP if that could be the problem as you suggested.

That software does not use TAPI/Wave drivers to control the Dialogic card - it uses the Dialogic API (so it only works with Dialogic - no other cards or voice modems)...

At this stage it looks like the TAPI controlled call transfers will not work when running Dialogic under XP - and we recommend that for now Dialogic cards are used under Win2000.

It is this issue that is probably going to result in a separate version of "VoiceGuide for Dialogic" soon being released - which will control Dialogic cards using their native API instead of using their TAPI interface.

Yes indeed , after installing windows 2000 it all worked

so Windows XP is not supported at this stage

thank you for your support