VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Database Connection Issue

Hi,

I have a script that is working. It answers the call and goes through the prompts. I can connect to the database with an ODBC connection. It doesn't seem to be communicating with the database. I've tried various connectionstrings and nothing seems to work.

I've attached the script so you can review.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

David Faulkner

Could you please .ZIP up the script and post again.

Please also.ZIP up and post the vgEngine trace file that captures the call. The vgEngine traces are in VoiceGuide's \log\ subdirectory.

Also, have you set up the ODBC connection using the 32-bit ODBC manager or the 64-bit ODBC manager? Have you tried using a .NET Data Connector instead?

Please try specifying the ODBC Data Source name in the Connect String.

Sounds like that connect string should be:

ODBC;DSN=272Welfare;

or just:

DSN=272Welfare;

You can include the UID and PWD entries as well.

Also please make the ADO.NET Data Provider line blank if using the ODBC connection.

What is the database engine used here? When you were trying to use use ADO.NET Data Provider can you advise which Data Provider you tried using?

If you still experience problems after including the DSN in the connection string (and clearing the Data Provider entry) then recommend trying the ADO.NET Data Provider:

From VoiceGuide help http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/moddbquery.htm :

Data Provider:

System.Data.SqlClient

Connect String:

Data Source=myServerAddress;Initial Catalog=myDataBase;User Id=myUsername;Password=myPassword;