VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Dde To Asp Web Page

Is there an easy way to do the following:

Call comes into VG. VG determines where the call needs to be transferred to, tranfers the call to an extension, at the same time, does a DDE poke to Internet Explorer with the following path http://localhost/call.asp? with the Data to be $RV_CIDNUMBER

Do you have any solution to this?

Basically I need to pull data off of a SQL DB through the ASP page using the Caller ID.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

This seems more of an ASP or VBScript related question rather then a VoiceGuide one.

I'd be looking more at how this can be done with VBScript rather then with DDE...

Then is there a way for my application to "log in" to VG so that when calls are presented to the logged in user, it will "pop" the application with the Caller ID?

The simplest way of setting something like this up is to run a VBScript or program which sends the data to the appropriate PC right before transferring the call to the matching extension.

There are some examples in the VG Help file's section on the Run Program Module.

There are many message sending and message displaying programs out there which you can use...

From VG Help file's section on the Run Program Module. ( http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/modR...dRunProgram.htm ) :

Example 4:

Send a message to another computer, alerting a particular user of an event. eg. when the caller on the VoiceGuide system is about to be transferred to their extension.

Windows NT/2000/XP : Can use the NET SEND command (type "net help send" for full command syntax) :

net send someusername "VG call from $RV_CIDNUMBER"

Windows 95/98/ME : need to use a 3rd party message product like Vypress Messenger or RealPopup.

You should be able to easily find many others...