VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

new "VG for Dialogic" version ?

Hi, several questions:

Somewhere in past posts I saw that you were coming out with a specific Dialogic version of VG. When will that be and what advantages would that version have?

Priced differently?

Any projected time for speech recognition? Will the suggested hardware (voice cards) be the same ? Do you know how that would be priced?

I tried to get more info on the Dialogic web site but maybe you could confirm what was vague. On the Dialogic D/240 JCT-T1 there is a "CT" bus. I assume this is the digital bus that is in replacement of the SC bus that was in the older cards. Is this correct?

Is this what would enable me to connect an incoming call to an outgoing call with VG if the two calls are on different cards (spans)?

If yes to the above, how many t-1 cards could VG practically support on one system (win 2000 pro) with the cards all tied together using the CT bus?

Thanks for a great forum and for your response in advance!

The "Dialogic-specific" version of VoiceGuide is available now for ISDN (T1/E1) systems.

It is not available for download – it is supplied to customers who use T1/E1 ISDN lines – if you are using T1/E1 lines then contact support@voiceguide.com and the ISDN version will be emailed to you.

Customers who use T1/E1 lines configured for the Robbed Bit (CAS) protocol (ie: not ISDN) do not need the VoiceGuide 'ISDN version' and can use the version of VoiceGuide which is downloadable.

VoiceGuide ISDN is priced the same (as per the prices listed on the WWW order form).

The current features of the ISDN version are the same as the downloadable version, but more features are getting added now - mostly to do with sound file play/record management - fast-forward/rewind, jump-forward/back, volume controls etc. These features will also be available for users of Analog Dialogic cards – but more info on this will be available when the product is released.

It looks like speech recognition will be available in a few months, but the pricing on that is not yet available. (Speech Recognition will be an add-on like VG Dialer.)

SC/CT bus

Yes, if the Dialogic cards are connected together using the SC or CT bus then calls on the two different cards can be connected together.

how many t-1 cards could VG practically support on one system

The number of ports that VoiceGuide can support on one system really depends on how active each of the ports is. The less active the ports then VoiceGuide the less VoiceGuide needs to deal with the queuing new files to be played/recorded on them or receive and process input from caller...

If your application requires to connect callers together then it looks like most of the time caller on system would be just talking to one another and there would be very little activity that VG has to deal with - and then controllin over 240 ports (10 T1 lines) is not really an issue.

If the system is intensively receiving data from caller and constantly playing/recording new messages then about 96 ports (4 T1 lines) is usually close to being the practical limit.

Thanks for your quick response!

Do I have to be concerned which Dialogic board I purchase for a system now if I want to enable speech recognition when it becomes available? I do not want to have to replace the Dialogic boards in the near future. I am looking to use the 240 T-1 card(s).

Thanks

Please help. What is the difference between a Dialogic D240 JCT T1R2U and D480JCT 1T1 ? I have tried the suggested web site and I cannot find the technical difference between them. In fact there is really no specs that I can find for the 480 animal. In the description for the 240, it is suppose to be capable of speech req, etc... Both boards are listed under the same heading and general description.

According to a Dialogic reseller, the D240JCT T1R2U is the latest model for the D240JCT but if I want to have continous speech req, I need a DMV480 2T1 PCI.

I have become confused with what should be selected. Also, can you guide me on what drivers or programs need to be included so that I can request them at purchase. I realize that these components are often overlooked when purchasing boards.

As mentioned, I would like to make sure that the hardware will not be obsolete if I want to upgrade to speech req when you offer that option.

Thanks again.

The D240JCT has a single DSP.

The D480JCT 1T1 has two DSPs.

Both have only one T1 line interface.

So why the extra DSP?

Some application software which do Speech Recognition take advantage of Dialogic's "Continuous Speech Processing Technology" and have the Dialogic card do some speech-recognition related processing on the Dialogic card's DSP instead of having the software do it itself (on the server's CPU).

This includes echo cancellation, voice activity detection and 'barge-in' detection..

More info on this can be found at:

http://www.intel.com/network/csp/products/6907web.htm

Turns out that a single DSP that is on the D240JCT is not enough to run the "Continuous Speech Processing Technology" and look after ISDN signaling at the same time - but it can do CSP if the T1 lines are configured as CAS (Robbed Bit) instead of ISDN.

So if the application software is using Dialogic’s "Continuous Speech Processing Technology" then if your T1 lines are configured as CAS then D240JCT is OK, but if they are configured as ISDN-controlled lines then you need D480JCT 1T1.

At this stage it looks like the Speech Recogntion which is developed for VoiceGuide will be using this CSP option on Dialogic cards...

The DMV480 2T1 has two T1 interfaces.

Hi

Your post in April 2004 said that you were implementing fast forward - rewind for VG for Dialogic (ISDN). Are those features available now?

In the current public release of VoiceGuide for Dialogic you are able to increase and decrease the playback speed, as well as increase and decrease the playback volume.

The skip forward/back/start/end and pause/resume are not available in the publicly available version of VoiceGuide.

Please contact sales@voiceguide.com if you would like to obtain pricing on the version of VoiceGuide which supports those options.