VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Problem With Creative Modem V.90 Pci

I am testing and developing an IVR solution using a Creative Blaster Modem v.90 pci. Eventually we will move over to a Dialogic card with an E1 PRI line. In the mean time, I have been having 2 problems.

Using Voice Guide with the modem messes up my connection to the Internet over my ADSL modem. Besides being generally inconvenient, it means that I can't use Voice Guide to send Emails real time, which is important for my application. In order to reconnect to the Internet, I need to reboot.

Second problem - every once in a while, after a voice guide call, the modem will not really release the phone line. The modem will not accept incoming calls and cannot make outgoing calls and the line remains open so it cannot be used by any other extention either. Unplugging the line from the modem helps only until the line is plugged back in to the modem, and then the problem persists. Even shutting off the computer does not help (not even while the computer is actually off). Eventually, the problem solves itself, but I have no idea how or why.

I would appreciate it if you have any ideas, because both of these problems are very frustrating.

Thanks

Using Voice Guide with the modem messes up my connection to the Internet over my ADSL modem

Not too sure what would be the cause there - maybe it's some sort of hardware conflict between the modem and the ADSL adapter?

every once in a while, after a voice guide call, the modem will not really release the phone line ..... Even shutting off the computer does not help (not even while the computer is actually off).

If shutting the computer off does not help then looks like the problem is at the phone company... not tos ure what sequence of events would cause the phone company to stop sending calls to the line... I'd suggest speaking to them about it..

If your machine is off then I would think its the modem. I just started having the same problem with my Creative modem and I am looking for a replacement. I think there must be a problem with a relay in the card it self. My card is on a stand alone machine that I have not changed in months... and then the card is "sticking" with the phone off the hook.

i have the same problem but this is it

microfilter setting at modem

change setting or replace

not sure how yet but working on it