VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Upgrade To 6.0.2303

I have just downloaded version 6.0.2303 from your site.

I was previously using version 5.2.1240 and i was using the RV[DNIS] to

track which number was called into my system and route the call

accordingly.

This variable is not working now and returns blank. Has it been replaced with a new RV?

Also, is it possible to manipulate the PLAY ACTION functions with VB Script using the COM interface?

I was previously using version 5.2.1240 and i was using the RV[DNIS] to

track which number was called into my system and route the call

accordingly.

What cards / lines are you using?

Do you have a trace from the old version showing an incoming call?

(please .ZIP up and post as attachments)

Please post a trace from v6.0.2303 showing an incoming call as well.

is it possible to manipulate the PLAY ACTION functions with VB Script using the COM interface?

No.

I solved the problem by switching from using $RV[DNIS] (as Voice Guide originally instructed me, and as worked in earlier versions) to $RV_DNIS, which I noticed contained the number dialed by the caller in the list of result variables in the log.

I noticed a new problem in this upgrade. When I open the call log viewer, the callers' caller id no longer appears in the Caller Detail column. The calls received before the upgrade still appear with the complete information, but the information is missing from calls received after the upgrade was made.

I am attaching the .vgl log file. The upgrade was made on 10/30.

Switchboard.vgl

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures an incoming call, this will allow us to see what happened.

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.

You can enable the automatic saving of the logs to files in \log\ directory as well.

Please post traces as .ZIP attachments in the post.

Please also answer the questions we posted before:

1. What cards / lines are you using?

2. Do you have a trace (MMDDvgm.txt and MMDDtw.txt)from the old version showing an incoming call?

(please .ZIP up and post as attachments)

We'd like to see how v5.2 retrieved DNIS on this system.

Attached are three files - the vgm and the tw from before the upgrade and a new trace from after the upgrade.

(incidentally, you might notice that the calls that came in on the old logs were not routed and the calls were hung up. That was not a mistake or bug. The $RV[DNIS] indicated that calls were made to a number that we don't use and therefore was not routed. It was either a telemarketer trying to call in or a wrong number.)

We are using a D/300JCT-E1 with a PRI- E1 line.

logs.zip

Please update your system with attached .EXE.

If you still have problems with $RV_DNIS not saved in log please post the trace as before.

What is the ISDN protocol used on this E1?

What settings did you use in the Dialogic's TAPI driver driver to make v5.x of VG work with it?

VgMulti_6.0.2316.zip

This download seems to have fixed the problem. Thank you very much. I assume that you don't need the answers to your other questions anymore. If you do, let me know.

We'd still be interested in finding out:

What is the ISDN protocol used on this E1?

What settings did you use in the Dialogic's TAPI driver driver to make v5.x of VG work with it?

An outside technician set up the card initially, and I don't know how to find out the answer to the question about the driver. If you could explain to me where to find these settings,I would be hapy to check it for you.

The Dialogic Configuration manager says that ISDN protocol is CTR4.