VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Delay - Hookflash Transfer Monitored

We are using VS's Hookflash Transfer Monitored to transfer callers from the IVR to extensions on the PBX.

However, there is about a 5 second delay from the time the call is answered to when the "caller" and "answer'er" can talk. After the call is answered the "answer'er" hears silence for 4 seconds, then a click (possibility a hookflash) then one more second until the "caller" and "answer'er" can hear each other.

Please note on this PBX (Nortel ICS) the transfer is not complete until the "transfer'ee" hangs up.

Is there a setting to change this delay? Is VG not recognizing that the call has been answered until 4-5 seconds? Or is the problem with the Dialogic card? D/41JCT-LS
I have attached the log files..
Thanks,
Benjamin

0908_CallEvents.zip

Is the person answering the call saying 'hello' ?

On 'Monitored' type transfers on analog lines the Dialogic card listens for a persons voice and determines that call is answered when a voice is heard.

Have you tried whether just normal blind transfers work for your transfer destination? We can see tat you are transferring to: *70,229

So this is not a transfer to another extension on same PBX, right? What is the destination being transferred to?

As you are using a D/41JCT card you have the option of using a basic/blind "Dial and Conference"/"Trombone" type transfer. This will allow the caller to hear the destination number ringing and get answered and both parties can talk to each other immediately.

Hello, Sorry for the delay in replying,

1. Yes the person answering the call says hello. But the the answer and caller are not connected for about 5 seconds..

2. Yes blind transfers work, that is what I am using now, but if the call is not answered I can't get the call back.

3. The "*70" is hookflash for this PBX, the "," is a needed delay. The extension is 229, it is on the same PBX.

4. If I understand "Trombone" transfer correctly, it would require the use of an additional line. I only have four lines on this PBX / D/41JCT, and I can not guarantee that a line will be free when I need to transfer a call.

Thank you,

What happens on this system when the "announced hookflash transfer' is used?

Are the two parties connected immediately when the recipient of the transfer presses "1" on their telephone to accept the transfer? Or is the connection delay still there after "1" is pressed?

Hello, Thank you for your reply.

I tried using the "Hookflash Transfer Announced" as you requested, and it did not work there is still about a 3-4 second delay from the time the recipient press 1 until the calls are connected.

The last call on the log was done using the "Hookflash Transfer Announced" and the second to last call was done using "Hookflash Transfer Monitored"

I would really like to get this resolved, as the workaround I have going for the voice mail is not good.

The D/41JCT card does not integrate very well with the PBX (Nortel ICS). I was wondering if this has anything to do with the Dialogic cards not detecting if the call was answered? Is there setting I need to make in the Dialogic card's configuration??

1021_CallEvents.zip

The approach that works best is to use '2-line' / 'Dial-And-Confernece' / 'Tromobone' type transfers.

This approach gives immediate connection to destination number and allows for caller to have control over disconnecting the second leg of the call and continuing on with the script or trying another extension etc.

D/41JCT cards (and all other JCT series cards) support 2-line transfers. Also, transferring calls this way will let you record the conversation between the two parties, which is often a desirable feature.

Hello,

Thank you, but I can not use a second line to transfer calls. I only have a 4 line card and 4 line VG license. I do not need to or want to record calls.

What I want is when a caller is directed by the IVR to transfer to a specific line on the PBX. If the line is not answered, then the call is directed to that lines specific voice mail box in VG. The "Hookflash Transfer Monitored" setting in VG works exactly like this. However, it is unacceptable to have a 5 second delay while VG decides if the call has been answered before connecting the caller and the recipient. When using "Hookflash Transfer Blind" there is no delay while VG connects the caller and the recipient.

Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Benjamin

Monitored transfers on analog lines rely on Dialogic card detecting that second leg of the call was answered. This detection usually relies on person answering the call to say something (eg. 'hello').

The delay between person answering the call saying 'hello' and the two parties being connected should not usually be that long.

Perhaps the PBX used here does not connect the two parties immediately when VoiceGuide hangs up after receiving the confirmation that call was answered?

Trace provided originally shows that VoiceGuide hangs up within a fraction of a second of the Dialogic alerting it that speech was heard (excerpt below). What sort of a delay does the call recipient experience between saying 'hello' and being able to hear the original caller?

190404.202  20   1   1 ev    CallState TDX_CALLP_CR_CNCT, crn=10000001, iEvent=0 ,256,2,4, s1:, s2:, s3:]. build_date: 10-Jul-15 12:01:32.48

190404.202  20   1   1 ev    Dialogic 133,TDX_CALLP, crn=10000001, 10,4,0,CR_CNCT,CON_PAMD,

190404.204   7   1   1       se    TDX_CALLP 133  10|4|0  CR_CNCT|CON_PAMD| LineState=LS_XFER_3_AfterDialDestNbrWaitForCallProgInfo
190404.204   7   1   1       LsXfer_3_AfterDialDestNbrWaitForCallProgInfo 133,TDX_CALLP,10,4,0,CR_CNCT,CON_PAMD,
190404.206   7   1   1       LsXfer_3 CR_CNCT on an XT_HOOK_MONITORED

190404.217   7   1   1       FindNextVgmTitleInPathList: next module title is=[Hangup the Call]
190404.217   7   1   1       LsXfer_5A taking Success path (iXferType=12)
190404.217   7   1   1       RunModule start Hangup the Call, [Hangup the Call], iModuleIdx=5, previous: vgm=17, vgs=1:1
190404.221   7   1   1       HangupCall (Hangup Module) crn_in=0, L1=Connected, L2=Running_Normal, lPlayId=0, lRecId=0

190404.225   7   1   1 state Hanging up... [Hangup Module]

Good Afternoon,

Ok that is good to know that VG is reacting quickly when the Dialogic card notifies VG that the call was answered. (At least it tends to narrow the problem down to either the Dialogic card delaying acknowledging that the call was answered or the PBX.)

I will try and test if the PBX has some kind of delay by manually using phones to do a monitored transfer, when I am next at the clients location. This should indicate if it is the PBX's problem or the Dialogic card's problem.

After the recipient answers the phone and immediately says "hello" there is a 4-5 second delay. I have not tried muting the recipient phone and seeing if i can increase the delay length (not sure the phone can mute before a call is answered) I will try that as well.

Are there any settings for the D/41JCT cards that could delay this? Or perhaps the sensitivity is not high enough??

Thank you,

Benjamin

The delay between the person answering the call saying 'hello' and the Dialogic card reporting that it has heard speech on the line should not be 4-5 seconds. That detection usually takes around 1-2 seconds. Perhaps the rest of delay is coming from PBX delaying connecting the two calls together after the Dialogic card hangs up.

There are some settings on Dialogic card that can be changed that will affect how the Dialogic card detects speech, but usually there is no need to make any changes to those settings.

You would need to refer to Dialogic's documentation on this.