VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voicemail Guide Name Recordings

My Voice Guide keeps losing the recorded greetings. What can I do?

They still seem to be saved in the data base, but when I open up the Voiceguide, it doesn't show them when I select the extentions.

Which version of VoiceGuide are you using?

All files is in the \vmsave directory will be shown in the list of messages in the Voicemail manager.

What database are you referring to?

What are 'extensions' and how are you selecting them?

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)

There isn't a debug print out for this. What happens is that the recording files in the vm/save directory are being removed somehow, so I have to add them back into that directory.

I am using the 4.8.45 version.

sorry, it tool me a little bit to actually see what was happening, and until this am, i thought it was working fine, but they are gone again.

I've reread the original post and it looks like you are referring to the Greeting Messages, and not the actual voicemail messages. Please confirm which are the ones which you are having problems with.

what do you mean by:

it doesn't show them when I select the extentions.

The mailbox Greeting Messages are saved in the \VmWelc directory and the name of the file corresponds to the number of the voicemailbox for which this greeting message is intended.

The Greeting Messages are not displayed in any database listing...

The only way to delete the sound file which is the Greeting Message is from the voicemail boxes "Administer Greeting Message Menu" - by pressing:

4 Delete the current greeting message and return to Voicemail Access Menu

Are you finding that on your system you are loosing all contents of the \VmWelc directory, or just some files?

It is the actualy greeting message, sorry. And the database I was refering to is the \VmWelc directory.

What has happened 3 or 4 times now is that I notice that my recorded Greetings are not being used, that the generic vm greeting plays.

When I go to the VM Manager to look at my different users, where I initally recorded them, they are no longer there.

I went to the Vm welc directory and they were not there either.

I have had to re-record them, and when I go to save a message comes up saying that the file already exists and would I like to replace or something like that.

The first time it happened , I lost it all, the next few times I lost 13 out of 16.

when I go to save a message comes up saying that the file already exists and would I like to replace

Well this is a bit puzzling - when you try to save the message Windows asks you to whether you would like to replace the already existing file, yet when you look in the directory using Windows explorer no files with that name are shown...

I would try figure out what is happening here first....

Are you running any file replication or anything else which manages the filesystem behind your back? Are you recording the sound files into the correct directory in the first place?

As I've mentioned before:

The only way to delete the sound file which is the Greeting Message is from the voicemail boxes "Administer Greeting Message Menu" - by pressing:

4 Delete the current greeting message and return to Voicemail Access Menu  

The best way to track this is to start the VoiceGuide trace and when you notice the problem again post the entire contents of it (preferably Zipped) from the time when you knew it was working OK until the time when the Welcome messages stopped playing - we can then have a look at it and see if the file was deleted by VoiceGuide due to user selections...

It'd be a good idea to make a copy of the files as well, so that you can easily replace them whenever they 'go missing' again...