VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voiceguide Stops Answering Until Restart

I noticed that every now and then (possibly after internet link resets), voiceguide stops answering. It appears as started and running ... but does not answer calls. When I stop it ans restart it gets answering again. I do not need to restart dialogic, just voiceguide.

Just to avoid doubs, I am running a registered (4 lines) enterprise edition ... not the demo one.

What can i do ??

Can you please post VoiceGuide's vgEngine and ktTel traces that capture the time during which you observed this, and indicate the exact time of the incoming call that was not answered.

Not answering calls should only occur if the software is not registered (or the registration code was not applied properly) and trial period has expired.

Please .ZIP all trace before posting.

I do not know when it stops answering. But, as soon as I detect this again (it happened two times up to now), I'll be able to track the exact time it will not answer a call ... and will send you the traces/log.

About the registration, my install is fully registered (4 lines paid) as enterprise edition. My Dialogig support software is fully registered as well (again 4 lines paid).

Thanks

Is this is a VoIP system?

If this is a VoIP based system then you may also want to use WireShark to monitor SIP IP traffic on your network interface.

(filter IP traffic for sip in the WireShark monitor)

On VoIP systems IP connectivity problems are a common reason why the calls are not getting through, and possibly the SIP registration that is performed at sooftware restart helps to re-establish connectivity.

So on VoIP systems one thing that you can try doing is making the re-registration interval lower - say 300 seconds.

Yes this is a VoIP system. It just happened again. My internet link had a short fault (2/5 minuts without link), when back the VoiceGuide system was not answering anymore ... the call was getting a "no answer" message from VoIP Phone Company. I turned OFF voiceguide, then turned it on and it started answering again.

I have now exact time of my call attempts (not answered) and aproximate time of internet fault and recovery. Will send you the vgengine and ktel logs shortly.

Tell me how to set the re-registration interval please.

Thanks

Is it a matter to put <expire>300</expire> ?? At present my config file is <expire></expire> ... meaning, i guess, no expire time !!

Looks like when your internet connection went down for those 2-5 minutes, the relevant NAT tables got cleared and/or your IP addresses got changed.

If you are running a VoIP system and the IP connection that the VoIP system is using is going down or getting reset, then you will experience problems like this.

This is why VoIP systems running over domestic ADSL connections are often not as reliable as traditional phone lines.

The SIP re-registration interval is taken from the value that is sent by the VoIP service provider.

You will need to use WireShark to see what is happening on the SIP connectivity layer.

Please start WireShark and capture system startup and first few minutes of operation. Then save WireShark's .PCAP log and post here. Please filter for sip in WireShark, so only SIP transactions are visible and only save/post the SIP transactions.

Ok will do this and post wireshark log. The problem is that I will have to wait for my connection to fail, which is not a very common event.

Is it the same if I turn off cable modem to simulate a connection failure and recovery ?

Just note that my link is not dynamic but fixed IP (thus my IP never changes). And it is a speedy Cable link not ADSL.

For the moment I put <expire>300</expire> in the config file ... is this ok ??

The WireShark log just needs to capture the VoiceGuide service startup and the first few minutes of operation.

Please post that log along with ktTel and vgEngine logs that capture system startup.