VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Upgrading

Hi guys,,

listen i have had such bad luck in the past with upgrading i went from 7.4.1 to 7.4.2 and then had cut offs which was a change in the way you handled vbscripts and corrected that and then after leaving a message the system would send email but non of the RV variable stuff nor attach the message as an attachment so you sent me a new file for version 7.4.2_140213 to correct the email problem and now i see on the website and i have downloaded it the new version 7.4.4 so can you tell me step by step how to upgrade from 7.4.2_140213 to 7.4.4 do i just do a install over the current voiceguide or do i backup data then uninstall current voiceguide and install new verssion and then copy back my data.

thank you,,

shimmer

VoiceGuide v7.4.4 requires .NET 4.0, so this needs to be installed on your system first.

Then afterwards, to upgrade VoiceGuide:

1. Stop VoiceGuide Service and exit all VoiceGuide programs. (eg Script Designer, Voicemail Manager, etc) and all other programs.

2. Run new version VoiceGuide install and install into same directory as existing installation. (Do NOT uninstall the previous VoiceGuide installation).

3. Start VoiceGuide service.

Running a VoiceGuide install over the top of an existing install will NOT overwrite existing configuration or license files (Config.xml, ConfigLine.xml, VG.INI, VmBoxList.xml, userinfo.lic) and will not remove any sound files, and will not remove any log files etc.