VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Limiting Pause Duration In [Play Action - Pause]

Hello,

We are using [PLAY ACTION - Pause] and [PLAY ACTION - Resume] Options, in the Play Modules.

But, by allowing pause ability , the users can stay in "Pause Status" for endless time.

How can We limit the Pause duration?

For example after a specified number of minutes, the play is resume.

Thank you.

Meir

One way would be start some sort of VBScript that monitors the progess of call (can be done by setting an RV to different values during course of script) and making script jump to different module (or just hang up).

You can start a VBScript from a "Run VBScript" module and let the VBScript run in the background, querying the RV state on a regular basis, while the VoiceGudie script moves on through the other modules.

There is no inbuilt "Pause Timeout". Wouldn't caller just hangup the call eventually? Once they hangup VoiceGuide would end the call as well.

Is there any built-in RVs associated with the PLAY ACTIONS?

If not, How can I specify a 'trigger' (setting RV) along with the "path" line (in Play Module) ?

No RVs are set at this stage to indicate whether the sound file play is in Paused state or not.

Can you please explain in more detail what you mean by: "specify a 'trigger' (setting RV) along with the "path" line"

From your first reply, I understood that I need to continuously query a RV state (which can be done by "Run VBScript" module).

This RV needs to hold a Boolean value about Paused State,

Therefore vg needs to set this RV before entering Pause State.

I wish to implement a line like that to "Paths" tab in "Play" Module:

On {Trigger} {set$RV[pause state]=1} Goto [PLAY ACTION - Pause]

Was suggesting to use a VBScript to monitor total time in one module, and if that time is exceded then hangup the call or jump to differnet module etc.

There is an $RV_PreviousModule already defined. Using it may be sufficient.

Setting RVs as part of path defnition as you suggest is not possible in current versions of VoiceGuide.

If you require more functionality to be added to VoiceGuide to better monitor length of paused state, or perhaps hangup call automatically if a timeout is exceeded etc. please send in your feature request to sales@voiceguide.com