VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Fax And Fast Busy Tone Detection - Dialer

Using Dialogic Proline 2v with SR 5.5.1/Windows NT and am evaluating Voice Guide Dialer

Not able to detect fax receive tones. Dialer believes that the board is still dialing after the fax has picked up and started the receive tone sequence. Attached this log.

Fast busy signal is not detected. Dialer believes that the line is answered by a real person and executes the applicable script. Have this log available if needed.

Answering machine detection works very well if a store bought answering machine answers, but has difficulty with cell phone and VoIP voice mail. Any suggestions.

Other tones seem to work. Please advise how to setup Call Parameters and Tones in the driver config menu or other suggestions to resolve these issues.

Thank You

DialingFax.txt

You can adjust the tone settings in the Dialogic TSP config.

Open Control Panel’s “Phone and Modem Options” applet, select the Advanced tab, select the Dialogic Service Provider and then click Configure. You will see the various tone definition tabs and you will be able to change the fax/busy etc tones there.

Answering machine detection works very well if a store bought answering machine answers, but has difficulty with cell phone and VoIP voice mail. Any suggestions.

With high quality answering machines it is sometimes hard to get reliable detection - but usually mobile phone voicemail was fairly reliable in our testing. There is really not much that you can do to increase detect reliability without affecting the speed of the response when a real person answers the call.

The only other way to decide if call was answered by a human or not is to use digital lines and see how long the answer prompt is after call is answered. If it is a short one ('eg 'hello') then you can be fairly sire its a human and if it is a long one then it probably is an answering machine (unless call is answered with a "Good Morning, welcome to ACME enterprises, this is Tiffany speaking, how can I help you today?"). You would need to basically use a record module at the start of the script and then see how long the recording was made for before silence was encountered (there is an RV that holds rec length value).

Thank you for the reply. Entering the proper configuration data into the confuration screen is where I am running into a roadblock. Please recommend a post or site that has a detailed explanation on how to configure for these tones. I do not know which tab to use for the fast busy or what parameters to enter for either the fast busy or the receive fax signal. I've searched for days and can only find instructions for programmers when all I need to do is input generic settings into this configuration screen.

Thanks again

This is a follow up to my previous post today.

Purchased a license today/last night so I am getting close to getting started.

Attached is my current Dialogic set-up file. And device config is as follows:

Firmware blank

ParameterFile blank

TSFFileSupport No

DisconnectTone No

Do you see anything in here that is making the software not perform in Houston Texas?

Also, I get an error when selecting the Delete Dial List DB button stating

Out Dial Que.mdb could not be deleted
. Dialer continues to dial a fax number that I am testing so I guess something is still in it. Access 97 is installed on this machine. Does Dialer work with this version of Access? I installed the MS Data Access Components to see if that would fix it but it did not. Thanks

d41cfg.txt

Fax machines and busy tones and 'tri-tones' usually get picked up with default settings without needing to change anything, so I'm not so sure why it doesn't work for you or what would need to be done to fix this situation.

Maybe it's because you're using a Proline 2v - that's a fairly old card...

Please answer the question about being unable to delete the DialList DB.

Also, did you look at the attached config. file before your last reply?

Thanks

To delete DialList Database you need to stop VoiceGuide first, and then the delete button in the telephone number loader will work.

The config did not seem to include the fax tone configuration.

Will someone please tell me what the fax tone configuration should be for a dialer that needs to hang up when it encounters a fax?

That deleted the OutDial file... Thanks.

Will someone please tell me what the fax tone configuration should be for a dialer that needs to hang up when it encounters a fax?

It's pretty strange that the fax tone config was not included in the text file - could you please post a screenshot of what the Dialogic TSP looks like on your system.

I cannot get the image to go through zippyimage.com

Custom is selected in my setup

Default Custom

Freq 1 1100 2000

Freq 2 0 0

On time 50 0

Off time 300 0

Rep ct 1 0

Freq 1 dev 40 150

Freq 2 dev 0 0

on time dev 10 0

off time dev 10 0

Also, Would the call progress analysis flag field on the Call Parameters tab have any effect on this?

Can you just do screen capture, save it to a file and then post the file here please.

I notice that the Fax tone is set to a Custom setting - please select the 'Default' option and it should then work...

The standard setting did not work either. Is the standard freq. high enough. I am trying to get dialer to hang up on a fax that it dials, not faxes dialing into into VG.

Thanks

post-2-1087439539.gif