VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Run-time Error '70'

Getting this run time error a couple of times a day causing downtime. Please advise as to what is causing this. Attached is the vgm log in case that you need it.

Thanks,

Cary

0719vgm.txt

I take it that the trace stops when the error occurred?

Which version of VoiceGuide are you using?

Could you please try with v5.2.3 and confirm if this error still occurs in this version.
Download from here:
[old link removed]

We can see in trace that the last line shows that a new dial entry was found and was about to be dialed:

102147.20  1 dial  found entry: tel[17136626218] ann[NONE] vgs[C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\CallMe\CallMe.vgs] am[C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\CallMe\CallMe.vgs]

I assume that the trace .zip'd just after this "Run-time Error '70'" occurred on your system?

'Error 70' usually means 'Permission Denied', this could be happening because some other process has locked the OutDial database for exclusive use, or has locked one of the output files (eg: OutDial_Dialed.txt) preventing VoiceGuide from writing into it.

Attached .exe will ignore such errors - please update your v5.2.3 installation with attached .exe

VgMulti_5.2.3022.zip

If the output file is exclusively locked by another process then VG would not be able to write to it - the operating system prevents it from doing so.

If you have written some external program which continually checks contents of OutDial_Dialed.txt then I'd recommend you try copying OutDial_Dialed.txt to your own temporary file and then open and check contents that temp file instead - that should allow VG to write to OutDial_Dialed.txt file at any time...