VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Waiting For Am Message

I am having a problem where at times an answering machine is detected and voice guide waits for the answering machine message to finish before it executes the script. in certain cases it seems the answering machine message takes a long time and causes voice guide to time out and it never executes the proper script.

in my case, the script MUST execute in order to set records in the database correctly so it can either be called again or removed from the calling. Is there a way to ensure that the script will execute when it is an answering machine?

a similar problem i am noticing is that a script is not executing the script specified in the "Script to run when call is finished" field. My script runs a database queries to update records then should continue. it seems that if the person being called hangs up during the execution of the database query the "script to run when call is finished" never executes. Any ideas about how to deal with this?

Thanks in advance,

Josh Miller

in certain cases it seems the answering machine message takes a long time and causes voice guide to time out and it never executes the proper script.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what happened. When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call. You can enable the automatic saving of the logs to files in \log\ directory as well.

When posting traces please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

it seems that if the person being called hangs up during the execution of the database query the "script to run when call is finished" never executes. Any ideas about how to deal with this?

Please also post a trace capturing this as well.

here are the logs that show the first problem i mentioned, you will see that an answering machine is detected and after a while it hangs up and never executes the script.

the second problem will be a little more difficult to catch as i cant seem to reproduce it in testing. but i will keep logs running and will see if i can catch the problem and send you what i have.

log.zip

i was able to find a call that had the second error i mentioned happen. and have attached the log files. the log file has calls from all of our lines in it so it may be a little hard to follow. just search the log file for "[Lead_Pkey]{7736}" and you will find the call that this is happening on.

thanks again!

log.zip

In the first trace we see the call outgoing call detecting and answering machine:

142233.22  4 state AM - wait for end of welcome message...

142233.23  4 dial  awaiting end of answering machine message (lvl:10 for 20)

142233.23  4      RecSoundStart [C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\data\RecAm_4.wav] ok

142233.23  4 timer set 120  EV_TIMEOUT_HANGUP

and after a bit over 2 minutes the automated voice has not yet apparently stopped playing so VoiceGuide ends the call:

142444.50  4 Answering Machine message is longer then 120 seconds - hanging up.

Is the actual automated voice message longer then 120 seconds?

You can see what was recorded by looking at the sound file which is mentioned in the trace (C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\data\RecAm_4.wav). It would be good to have a look at this file to see why VG though that the AM message did not finish.

The "OnNotConnected" VBScript (Call Finalization.vbs) should however execute in this case. Please update with attached .exe and see if this fixes that problem.

For the other problem we see:

144854.52  7 state [Greeting] Playing (C:\Program Files\Voice Solutions\Clients\United Quotes\HealthSuperLeads\greeting.wav)

144901.61  7 event ScriptEventCode GCEV_DISCONNECTED, code=2086, state=1100

144901.63  0      LoadedVgs_Find C:\Program Files\Voice Solutions\Global Scripts\Call Finalization.vgs at idx=4

144901.63  7 fn    RunModule start

144901.63  7 timer clear

144901.63  7 state [Finalize Call] Running VB Script...

144901.63  7 rvns  [PathSysVoice]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\system\voice\}[PathApp]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\}[PathDataVm]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\data\}[PathVgSys]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\system\}[Lead_Pkey]{7736}[Client_Pkey]{1}[Campaign_Pkey]{1}[Attempt]{0}[Max_Attemp

s]{1}[Attempt_Interval]{15}[Dialed_Phone]{2032233275}[OutDial_RetriesLeft]{0}[$RV_STARTTIME]{11/22/2005 2:48:54 PM}[$RV_DEVICEID]{7}[$RV_CIDNAME]{}[$RV_DNIS]{7000}[DNIS]{7000}[PathApp]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\}[$RV_CALLEDNUMBER]{12032233275}[OutDial_Result]{Contacted_Human}[scriptEnd_Ti

e]{11/22/2005 2:48:54 PM}[scriptEnd_Goto_Script]{c:\program files\voice solutions\Global Scripts\Call Initialization.vgs}[scriptEnd_Goto_Module]{}[scriptStart_Time]{11/22/2005 2:48:54 PM}[scriptStart_CalledFrom_Module]{Hangup}[scriptsPath]{c:\program files\voice solutions\Global Scripts\}[GetCampaignInfo_RowCount]{1}[GetCampaignInfo_1_1]{C:\Program Files\Voice Solutions\Clients\United Quotes\HealthSuperLeads\OnPickup2.vgs}[GetCampaignInfo_2_1]{C:\Program Files\Voice Solutions\Global Scripts\Call Finalization.vgs}[GetCampaignInfo_3_1]{C:\Program Files\Voice Solutions\Global Scripts\Call Finalization.vgs}[GetCampaignInfo_4_1]{C:\Program Files\Voice Solutions\Clients\United Quotes\HealthSuperLeads\OnCustomDataInsert.vgs}[setLeadStatus_RowCount]{1}[script_OnPickup]{C:\Program Files\Voice Solutions\Clients\United Quotes\HealthSuperLeads\OnPickup2.vgs}[script_OnAnsMachine]{C:\Program Files\Voice Solutions\Global Scripts\Call Finalization.vgs}[script_OnCallFinalization]{C:\Program Files\Voice Solutions\Global Scripts\call finalization.vgs}[script_OnCustomDataInsert]{C:\Program Files\Voice Solutions\Clients\United Quotes\HealthSuperLeads\OnCustomDataInsert.vgs}[scriptEnd_Time]{11/22/2005 2:48:54 PM}[scriptEnd_Goto_Script]{C:\Program Files\Voice Solutions\Clients\United Quotes\HealthSuperLeads\OnPickup2.vgs}[scriptEnd_Goto_Module]{}[scriptStart_Time]{11/22/2005 2:48:54 PM}[scriptStart_CalledFrom_Script]{c:\program files\voice solutions\Global Scripts\Call Initialization.vgs}[scriptStart_CalledFrom_Module]{Finish Initialization}[scriptsPath]{C:\Program Files\Voice Solutions\Clients\United Quotes\HealthSuperLeads\}[CallEndTime]{11/22/2005 2:49:01 PM}

and all seems fine... are we looking at the wrong call maybe?

VgMulti_6.0.2339.zip

we had quite a bit of work done a couple days ago to get voice guide to dial out appropriately. in order for this to work, we had to have a special executable compiled. have those changes made it into the executable you posted (VgMulti 6.0.2339)?

The changes for your system were made in the ktTelControl.ocx, not in VgMulit.exe. The changes in the OCX were made to let the Dialoigc card send a different 'Setup' ISDN message.

So the new .exe should be fine.