VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Problems with OnHangup Script

i am having a similar problem. i have included log files for an outbound call was made and the person being called hung up before the script completed. in this case the "script to run when call is finished" never executed.

if you take a look at the log file 1213vgm.txt you will find that a vbs module named "CreateRecordingFolder" was executed. but the modules following: "RecordMessage" and "Call Cleanup" never executed. i also do not see where it actually executed the "Script to run..."

If anyone could give me any insight into how to fix this issue it would be greatly appreciated!

Josh Miller

United Quotes

log.zip

I took a look at the log files a little more and noticed the module "Finalize Call" is being executed. this module is in fact inside my "script to run...". so it does appear to be getting executed. however it is not running through to completion, there should be a minimum of 8 other modules that should be getting executed after "Finalize Call" that arent.

Please post your C:\Program Files\Voice Solutions\Global Scripts\Call Finalization.vgs

This sounds like a different question/problem to "Preventing Hang-up Detection" - it should probably be placed in a separate thread.

In trace soon after:

144835.91 4 state [Finalize Call] Running VB Script...

we see:

144836.45 4 state [CreateRecordingFolder] Running VB Script...

where is the module [CreateRecordingFolder] ?

Are you sure the correct Call Finalization.vgs was posted?

that is the correct Call Finalization.vgs. i noticed that "CreateRecordingFolder" line after the finalization was called. but i am not sure why that is happening.

the attached zip file contains all of the scripts that are used in the call. the order of calling is as follows:

1. Call Initialization.vgs: First script that runs

2. OnPickup2.vgs: Second Script that runs (called from Call Initialization.vgs)

3. Call Finalization.vgs: Third script that runs (called from OnPickup2.vgs "script to run...")

4. OnCustomDataInsert.vgs: 4th script called as a sub from Call Finalization.vgs

scripts.zip

Please update your system with attached .exe and reprodue the situation on your system (ie. caller hangnig up when Opt-Out is playing) and then post the traces here.

VgMulti_6.0.2358.zip

i updated my system with that executable and now im having problems with my application that uses the com interface. it is giving me errors with the parameter "options" to the function "Dialer_OutDialQueAdd". this is a new parameter and i have no idea what it is used for since it is not in the documentation. it looks like it is passed by reference so i created a string variable and passed it in. but that gives me an error when it is trying to insert into the access database. "column 'options' cannot be an empty string.".

as soon as i have this working i will be able to get you the log files for the issue i am encountering.

Just set it to anything non-empty right now.

You will also probably need to delete the OutDial database and let VG re-create it using the new format.

here is a log file of a similar situation. it ended after the module Call Cleanup and it looks like the Call Finalization.vgs never completed.

getting it to error in the exact same manor as last time is very tricky since it doesnt happen every time. ive tried calling myself and hanging up before the recordmessage module and it will actually continue through the call finalization.vgs without a problem.

i will continue to try and recreate the exact error as last time and i will add more log files when i do.

log.zip

In the error you posted before did you hear the destination phone ring and the call actually go through and you could hear the sound files played?

Can you please update system with attacehd files and make calls - noting down timestamps of any errors you encounter. Then pleae post the trace files.

jmiller_051215.zip

do i need the kttelcontrol.ocx from that zip file? i tried to use that and i could not get voiceguide to work. it would start dialing and then hangup right away

So far i have not been able to recreate the error but i have 4 calls that were answering machines that did not execute the "script to run..." i have attached those log files

log.zip

In all 4 cases the call was ended by recipient of call before the answering machine message finished playing.

Attached .EXE now will treat such cases as 'uncontactable', with the calls retried, and if their retry count ran out then the 'OnNotContactable' script would be ran and the number placed in the 'uncontactable' log file.

Please use the OCX in the previous post and post a trace showing what is happening on your system.

So far i have not been able to recreate the error

I think all that is needed to reproduce the situation which caused error before is to hangup the call while the 'Opt-out' confirmation message is playing.

VgMulti_6.0.2363.zip