VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Things To Do, But How?

We are current looking for IVR solution for our SOHO clients. One of them is VoiceGuide. A couple of things lookes me strange in evluation version of the software. Is there solution for them?

1) The system can not stop prompt when I begin to use DTF. It's just continue and then take care on it. F.E: Hello and welcome {PRESS 1 here,'cos I'm already know what does it means} to ACME corp. Please choose from the following options: 1-sales, 2-accounting etc....{only at the end the application continue to next prompt}.

2) In the malbox system I never can hear the last message, instead of it that system speaks "...no such file..."

3) I can not build sub-scripts and then add them to the main one. FE. I have main script of lottery and I'm already have the script for answering machine. I want to "include" AM script inside the current one, however I need to copy it to the main script.

4) Is there "emulator" to test the script?

That's all folks,

Tamir

TCON Inc.

Additionaly to above:

1) The system detects hangups with big delay

2) The system does not detects silence (it's continue to record even the user hangups in PBX - no short-tones)

3) How can I change "look and feel" of core application?

1) The system can not stop prompt when I begin to use DTF.

VoiceGuide will stop playing when DTMF is detected. Some voice modems are not very good at detecting DTMF tones while they are playing a sound file at the same time - you will need to change your voice modem or even better get a Dialogic card (eg D4PCI 4 port card for US$500).

2) In the malbox system I never can hear the last message

What version of VoiceGuide are you using? Could you please send us a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)

3) I can not build sub-scripts and then add them to the main one.

You cannot call another script from a VoiceGuide script at this stage. This has been a requested feature and it will probably be implemented within the next 6 months or so..

4) Is there "emulator" to test the script?

No. Most problems that we answer relate to hardware and an emulator would not pick up hardware related problems - like the one you mention in point 1) and 5).

5) he system detects hangups with big delay

Many voice modems will not correctly detect the busy tone - another reason why getting a Dialogic card is a good idea. If busy tone is not detected VoiceGuide script will hangup when timing out for user input...

6) The system does not detects silence (it's continue to record)

It should detect it... you can adjust silence detection settings in VG.INI file.

Please email to us the recorded sound file which kept recording even though the caller hung up - we can see how much background noise was recorded in the file - it will be the volume of the background noise that would be responsible for keeping the recording going...

7) How can I change "look and feel" of core application?

We are open to carrying out work to rebrand the software or change the look and feel. We've done similar work before. Please let us know what you would like to change and we can quote on the work.

Some voice modems are not very good at detecting DTMF tones

In other software like IVM this works with the same modem

What version of VoiceGuide are you using

please send us a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout

57586 0 tapie monitordigits 49 2

57586 0 LsVmRetr_ListenMsgs [1]

68061 0 PlaySoundStop ok

68071 0 File not found [C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\data\VmSave\0001_0407092848_1_0_.wav]

68181 0 PlaySoundStart ok [C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\system\voice\SoundFileNotFound.wav]

68191 0 TimeoutClear

68201 0 wa(3098,16807100)

70404 0 tapie monitordigits 51 2

70414 0 LsVmRetr_ListenMsgs2 [3]

70414 0 LsVmRetr_ListenMsgs [3]

71326 0 PlaySoundStop ok

71336 0 File not found [C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\data\VmSave\0001_0407092848_1_0_.wav]

71436 0 PlaySoundStart ok [C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\system\voice\SoundFileNotFound.wav]

71456 0 TimeoutClear

71456 0 wb(16807100)

71456 0 wa(3098,17133600)

74590 0 Play End line[0] (id=171336)

74590 0 LsVmRetr_ListenMsgs2 EV_PLAY_FINISHED

74841 0 PlaySoundStart ok [C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\system\voice\VmbAccessListenMsgMenu.wav]

74841 0 TimeoutClear

74841 0 wa(13990,17460000)

Many voice modems will not correctly detect the busy tone

As well as above with THE SAME modem on other software it working OK

email to us the recorded sound

Where I should Email it?

open to carrying out work to rebrand the software

In this case, can I "build" solution - for example: I want to build some IVR program and build it to executable file, which ables only change the current flow for minor changes (what comes after what), however prevent end user to build new IVR scripts ???

One more problem:

I test the system with modem that can carry "flash" delay with ","-sign to transfer calls via PBX, however for some reason in your programm transfer calls do not works, is something I do wrong???

In other software like IVM this works with the same modem

Are you playing exactly the same sound file when doing the comparisons?

The louder the sound file the less likely the modem will detect DTMF tones.

There has been some discussion in this forum already about how reducing the volume of played files increases DTMF tone detection reliability on some modems.

Its worth noting that many modems will detect DTMF without any problems regardless of the volume of the sound file played. The Dialogic card will of course detect DTMF tones with no problems.

with THE SAME modem on other software it working OK

Is other software detecting busy during recording or also during playback or while awaiting DTMF keypresses from caller? During playback and awaiting DTMF the only way to detect busy tone is if modem informs the software that the busy tone is present - the reliability of busy tone detection by the modem cannot be affected by the software...

Where I should Email it?

support@katalinatech.com

VoiceGuide's Debug Printout

Please send the printout capturing entire call - was this a file recorded during the same call or in some previous call?

rebrand the software

We are open to rebranding the software for re-sale. Information on this will be forwarded to you separately by email.

"flash" delay with ","-sign

The "," cannot be used with modems at this stage - to use delays between successive "!" and DTMF signals you will need to use a series of individual "Play" modules (each playing either "!" or DTMF) linked with Timeout paths. The length of the timeout will determine the delay between the succeeding "!" and DTMF signals.

The "," cannot be used with modems at this stage - to use delays between successive "!" and DTMF signals you will need to use a series of individual "Play" modules (each playing either "!" or DTMF) linked with Timeout paths. The length of the timeout will determine the delay between the succeeding "!" and DTMF signals.

The question is :How can I transfer calls inside/outside PBX. In other programms it done with "," or "!" sign. As far as I understabnd, in this program it's can be done with "!" sign, however it does not work.

You can just use Call Transfer module to make the transfer, that module already has pauses built into it which delay the playing of the destination extension some time after the playing of the hookflash.

The hookflash character "!" can be used in VoiceGuide - you can use it in the PBX configuration strings (used by the Call Transfer Module) and you can use it in the Play module as well...

The pause character "," can also be used but if you are using voice modems there are some limitations at this stage:

From VoiceGuide Help file (Play module section):

Playing DTMF tones and Hookflash

The Play module can also play DTMF tones, and send Hookflash signals. To specify the DTMF tones to send, type in the DTMF tone sequence in the “Sound File” text box. An exclamation mark “!” indicates a hookflash, and a comma “,” indicates a pause, whilst characters “0-9“ and “A-D“ are used to indicate DTMF tones

When using Voice Modems you can only specify either a hookflash or DTMF tones in a Play module. This means that in order to have the modem send a hookflash followed by DTMF tones you will need to use two Play modules one after another. The first Play module would just contain the hookflash, and the next module will contain the DTMF string. You should then use a Timeout path to link the two modules together (eg: On {Timeout 1} Goto [Dial Number] ). In this situation using the Timeout path allows you to specify exactly how long after the hookflash will the DTMF tones be dialed. Pause characters cannot be used at all with most Voice modems.

When using Dialogic cards any combination of DTMFs, hookflashes and pauses can be specified on the one line and the Dialogic card will play them correctly.

This doen not work, as well as transfer with "transfer" module.

Flash time on PBX here is 600ms - where can I configure it in your soft?

Are there ather ways to transfer?

In our try with 2 play modules, I'm hear hookfsh sound and then numbers been dealed, but nothing happens.

The hookflash length is not configured in the software - it is set in the hardware that you are using.

From VoiceGuide Help file:

Most modems cannot vary the length of their hookflash, and if their default length does not match the length required by your PBX / Telephone Network then you will not be able to use that modem to transfer/conference calls.

Telephony Cards allow the hookflash length to be set by the user – ensuring that a Telephony Card can be configured to allow it to successfully perform call transfers and conferencing. This is why it is highly recommended to use a Telephony Card if your application needs to do call transfers / conferencing.

The VoiceGuide help file contains more information on how to set the hookflash time on a Dialogic card.

If the caller can hear the numbers being dialed after the hookflash this means that your modem's hookflash length was too short, and it was not recognized as a 'proper hookflash' by your PBX/phone network.

(If the hookflash was too long then this would result in PBX/phone network thinking that VoiceGuide has hung up the call)

Other related posts:

http://katalinatech.com/forums/index.php?a...ct=ST&f=2&t=148

http://katalinatech.com/forums/index.php?a...act=ST&f=2&t=14