VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voice Guide Not Hanging The Call

I am running voice guide 4.8.45. I am getting quite a few messages in the VMail manager that are for 45 seconds each, and I get two different recordings. One is a dial tone that after about 5 seconds goes into a fast busy, the other is a fast busy that goes into a dail tone.

I think that my system is not recognizing a hangup call, one in the Vmail manager.

I don't see that this is showing up in the debug script anyway since It treats it like a normal message.

VoiceGuide relies on the modem/telephony card to inform it of the presence of the busy tone on the line. (All other IVR software relies on modem/card to detect busy tones, just like the modem/card is responsible for detecting the DTMF tones)

If a modem has been configured to correctly detect the busy tones used in your country then the recordings will finish as soon as it is detected (the modem's TAPI driver will send a DISCONNECTED message to VoiceGuide – you’ll be able to see this message in VoiceGuide’s Trace Log).

A Dialogic card can be configured to detect the local busy tones by either:

1. Specifying the correct parameter file for your country in Dialogic's Configuration Manager (see the release notes which came with the card)

2. Using the Dialogic PBXpert tool to 'train' the Dialogic card to recognize the tones played on your system correctly.