VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

"start Without Answering Call" Option Odd Behavior

I'm attempting to have VG send a pop-up (net send) to another PC on the network when a call comes in, effectively notifying me of who's calling. If I decide I don't want to answer the call then after three rings, VG is set to pick up and run its scripts. Despite the fact that I've checked the box for "Start running script before answering the call", the [send CallerID Popup] module shown below does not start until after the third ring and VG picks up the phone.

I've attached the log as an example that clearly shows VG detecting the first ring, receiving the caller ID information between rings #1 & #2, but not actually running the start module until after the third ring when it picks the call up. I've also tried increasing the number of rings as high as eight with no change in when VG starts to run the initial module.

{From the currently active .vgs}

Version=5.0

DefaultModuleDisplayHeight=

StartModule=Send CallerID Popup

RunAtHangup=

StartWithoutAnswer=1

CtmAsiName=

[send CallerID Popup]

Type=Run Program

DispSize=69

Txt=Run the program, and read in the results file created.

ProgramToRun=net send office "Incoming Call from $RV_CIDNAME / RV_CIDNUMBER"

RunHoldPlay=

RunMode=5

RunWait=0

on {success} goto [introduction]

on {fail} goto [introduction]

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Thanks -

dave

0513vgm.txt

When you select the "Start running script without answering the call" option the script still starts after the "answer after X rings" set for the line - it just does not answer the handset unless it encounters a module that plays or records...

Sounds like what you want to do is to run the script immediately when the first ring arrives, and then continue waiting around for the 3rd ring to arrive, and if it does arrive then answer the call.

See attached script for a demo on how to do this:

Alert_and_Wait_Before_Answering_Call.vgs