VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Installation Of D/41esc

Looking for any suggestions anyone might have with this problem:

I purchased a Dialogic D/41ESC which was a working pull from a voicemail system. I installed the board in my telephony server this afternoon and have struggled to get it up and running.

Here are the steps I've followed so far:

1. Download and install Dialogic SR 5.1.1 on my Win2k Server running SP4. Install went fine - no errors or problems.

2. Shut down the server, installed the Dialogic board and restarted.

3. Ran DCM - did not auto-detect anything except "TDM Bus" with a child node of "Bus-0"

4. From DCM's "Add Device" menu, I added my "D/41ESC"

5. Configured the new hardware with non-conflicting IRQ (7), Memory (c4000) and on the correct BLTId (0x02)

6. Tried to start the Dialogic System Service and received "Error starting Dialogic service"

7. Ran UDD to check out the board and received the following:

--------------{BEGIN UDD LOG}------------------

System Download ....

ERROR from pCTBB_SetClientParm (bus type support level):

CTBB_ERROR_INVALID_CLIENT_TYPE: Client type (technology) invalid

???? (ID 2) Download .. Firmware Version 0.00

1 Dialogic Board Successfully Installed

Cannot determine name of FWL file for board (may be unsupported)

Base Product ID = 0xFFFFF

Board D/41ESC, ID 0x2, timed out getting download results.

Marking board dead........................................

--------------{END UDD LOG}------------------

That's about as far as I can go. I've searched everywhere tying to find out what those errors relate to, but haven't had any luck whatsoever.

Is there anyone with more experience out there who can help point me in the right direction towards solving this issue???

Thanks for your help.

~dave

Oh, and one more tidbit of information:

The board I purchased came with what looks like an EEPROM - yellow/orange in color with two rows of 10 pins. It's hard to make out the writing on the PROM, but I can if someone thinks it's important.

The PROM isn't installed on the board - it was sent loose along with the card. I've looked on the PCB and can't see where the PROM would even install ... it doesn't seem to fit the footprint of any component anywhere on the board.

Thanks (again) -

~dave

I'd be trying different IRQ and Memory address settings...

Also, try moving board to different slots in the machine....

Also, UDD sometimes tells you that board does not work when in fact all is OK. Once the service starts OK then you can ignore if UDD still tells you something is wrong.

The yellow chip is an old style bus terminator. You can throw it out if you only have one board in system. I'm pretty sure it's not needed if you use the SCBus either.

I can try the other ISA slot -- there are only two on the MB in that server. I can also try different combinations of IRQ and memory address ... an exhaustive test would be prohibitive, since there are five free IRQ's and at least 20 free memory addresses ... but I'll give a few other combinations a shot if you think there's a possibility that it'll yield something.

Should I be concerned about any of the following:

1. On the DCM's "Telephony Bus" tab, there's no value set for the "BusType" parameter?

2. On the "Misc" tab, neither "FirmwareFile" nor "ParameterFile" parameters have any value set.

3. The board I have simply says "D/41E" on the sticker but I've been treating it as a D/41ESC ... which I assume is ok, since I don't think the DCM has a configuration option for just the D/41E.

Thanks.

~dave

D/41E and D/41ESC are different boards... what is it being 'auto discovered' by the DCM as?

Just to close the loop on this one ... i replaced the board with a new one and it installed like a champ. It was apparently a hardware issue with with the board itself.

Thanks for everyone's help.