VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Is Voiceguide The Appropriate Tool?

Hi,

My company is looking for an IVM call manager for a very specific application within our organization.

We are looking to upgrade a current IVM application (using software from a different vendor) to work with a cloud-based application as the back end (instead of the current Microsoft SQL server backend running locally on our LAN-the problem with the current IVM software is that it pretty much can't interact with any databases outside of ODBC calls).

The call scripts would have to make outbound REST or SOAP calls to get the data from the cloud application, and when the data is collected, write some data back to the cloud-based application with a REST or SOAP call. The writeback data would be built through a series of subsequent interaction questions and data validation. DTMF is "good enough" for our use case.

It would also have to be able to use text to speech (it would have to pronounce someone's name to greet them) as part of the call script.

Oh, and CallerID name and number data must be recorded for each call.

I have no doubts that I can reuse my existing Dialogic board with this software :)

Is voiceguide a good fit for this, or should I keep looking?

Thank you for your help!

VoiceGudie's "Web Service" module can be used to easily interface with REST and SOAP style web services.

Please see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/modws.htm

Examples in above help file page show how to call SOAP services as well.

Data returned from the called web services is available for use later in the IVR script.

Text to Speech is also supported. You can select the TTS engine to use. SAPI and MRCPv2 TTS APIs are supported - and all TTS engines support SAPI or MRCPv2 or both.

Data like CallerID and entered and retrieved data can be stored in log files and CDRs can aloa optionally include this information - and CDRs are stores in files and in database tables. (backend database used can be set by user if required).

Also, databases can be accessed using ADO.NET Data Providers or ODBC or OLEDB. See: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/moddbquery.htm

You can download the evaluation version of VoiceGuide v7 from the Downloads page and confirm operation.

Please let us know if you have any questions,

Thank you for the answers!

So is CallerID name and number available from inside the IVR script? It would need to be written to the cloud database...in previous IVR software that I've used, it is available to the script in the form of primitives, system variables, etc.

So is CallerID name and number available from inside the IVR script?

Yes. Accessible using these "Result Variables":

$RV_CIDNAME $RV_CIDNUMBER

You can use Result Variables like $RV_CIDNAME, $RV_CIDNUMBER and others in any expression in VoiceGuide, including any Web Service interactions, Database interactions, Expression evaluation etc.

All data returned from Web Service interactions, Database interactions etc is saved in Result Variables for later use within callflow script as well.

Please see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/resultvariables.htm