VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Hanging On Transfers Or Not Picking Up On Incoming Calls

Hello,

I am using VG 6.0.3310 with a D4/PCI card and Lucent Partner ACS pbx. I'm having a few problems with my script on incoming calls. The usual path is a time switch followed by capture entered numbers followed by transfer call module. Occasionally VG shows "Waiting for Call" but does not pick up on incoming calls. Other times it will show that it is stuck on the Transfer Call module. And even other times the call will not be properly transferred (desk phone never rings before it goes down the fail path).

When calls come in slowly and callers do not hang up midway through a script, everything usually works fine. But when call volume is heavy, there are usually problems that require me to restart VG often. I think it is sometimes related to whether the caller hangs up during the capture entered numbers script or the transfer call module.

I'm wondering how to troubleshoot this, and if it even might be advisable to upgrade some hardware. We're sometimes taking over one hundred calls in a day, and an average day is probably over 50 incoming calls. Another thing worth mentioning is that we had some unresolved problems with detecting cadence breaks on monitored transfers as well as getting PBXpert to correctly identify the cadence break. I think there might be some issues with our hardware and the way it is interacting with VG. I'd like this to be more of a professional bullet-proof system and I'm open to recommendations.

Any help is appreciated.

Dave

Suggest upgrading system to v7 and post traces if problems occurs again. v7 has better tracing then v6 and these allows us to better see what is happening on system. We can then better pickup any unusual behavior after looking at the traces.