VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Sapi Tts Not Enabled

Hi,

I am creating this new ticket to convey the TTS issue only from the existing ticket: (here)

you mentioned:

Regarding TTS:

ktTel trace shows:

020 182804.442 4740 WARN CreateTTSPort returned NULL. SAPI TTS not enabled.

You may want to re-install AT&T SAPI tools.

If you continue to have issues with TTS please start a new topic on TTS issue.

I removed and reinstalled ATT natural (audrey) voice. The engine we use however, is Microsft SAPI: we only bought the voice of ATT Audrey.

I installed MS Speech SDK 5.1 and realized that SDK 5.3 is loaded on Windows 2008 64 bit then uninstalled it.

Would this be a problem? The server we use is VM ware, and I hope virtual environment does not cause this TTS problem...

Please let me know what else I need to try. (I tried to download Speech 5.3 from Microsoft, but it is not available.)

Thanks.

This IVR server is located in a hosting service environment, and I got the following reply from one of the support teams for my question, if we can install/enable Microsoft speech (SAPI engine) on this VMWare environment:

After some investigation with our Virtualization team they advised the only way we might be able to install this plugin would be to add a soundcard to the hypervisor then assign it as a resource to the VM as this will require a soundcard. You will be required to provide the sound card. I would advise trying to find one that's hypervisor compatible (assuming such a card exists). Bare in mind this is not something we can guarantee will work.

Is this what I need? If so, could you list "compatible" sound card we could install?

Thanks.

Sound card is required for correct SAPI operation.

From http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/config_tts.htm :

SAPI expects a sound card to be installed on the system. Please ensure a sound card is installed on the system and its drivers configured prior to installing Microsoft SAPI.

We do not keep a list of sound cards that can be used. You would need to contact sound card manufacturers to check suitability for your environment.

Any comment on this issue?

I tried to find any similar topics in the forum, but there was not anything...

I hope I am not the only one who tries to use HMP + VG with TTS on VMWare with SAPI engine issue... :(

Most systems do not use VmWare. Only HMP based systems can be used under VMware, but still more people use HMP without WMware then with.

Doing a Google search for "vmware compatible sound cards" or similar should bring up a list of relevant results.

A good first choice could be the Sound Blaster card.

Does it mean that I need to install a sound card on a machine that hosts the hypervisor environment?

I would like to confirm with you that TTS can be used on a virtual environment (VMWare especially) if a sound card is installed on its physical machine. This is a virtual environment we are using.

Thanks.

We've had it reported that this resolved TTS issues in other installations, but not able to confirm whether their virtualisation environment was the same as yours.

We have managed to install a sound card on the hosting machine and ported audio resource to this VMWare.

I can now play some demo/sample tools from speech SDK 5.1, such as "VBTTSApplication", or "SampleTTSDHTML" and even could create "wav" file by clicking "save to wav" button.

However, I still get this "SAPI not enabled" error on my VG7.3.3_130412.exe (that was provided via the following issue, "White Paper Or Instructions For Sip Integration".)

Here is a funny thing: While I was trying any possible trial and error processes to fix this, I removed this custom version of VG and re-installed the release version, VG7.3.2 then I saw it generate "ktTts.txt" file, which I believe SAPI engine was successfully initiated on this version.

I could not try to call with this version and see if TTS plays becase it hung up on me (due to the HMP-related error you have fixed via the 7.3.3), but I believe TTS should work with this version as it created the ktTTs log file.

Would you take a look at this issue and see if the 7.3.3 version can also work with SAPI engine?

I attach the VG logs created by those two versions of VG just in case.

Thanks a lot.

VGLog_TTSCreated_VG7.3.2.zip

VGLog_TTSNotEnabled_VG7.3.3_130412.zip

This is one more testing related with the issue posted right above:

I tried to install "VG7.3.3_130412" on my local test bed (Windows 7, Dialogic D/4PCI, NO virtual environment) to see if this version of VG affects only HMP driver, and found out it did not create ktTts log either on this environment. So, I guess this TTS issue is somewhat related with this version of VG.

Now the problem for my test server is that I uninstalled this "VG7.3.3_130412" and re-installed the previous version of VG (7.3.2), but the server hangs up at the first module upon receiving a call.

I noticied that the VBscript raises a [null] error on

Set vg = CreateObject("vgServices.CommandLink")

(Please see attached log and screen shot)

Please also help me get my test server back to life..

Thanks.

CallHangsUpAtTheFirstModule.zip

I think we have found the cause of TTS module not loading.

Please stop VG service and then install this version:

[old link removed]

If you still have issues with the module in your script not working then please start a new topic about this, as this is unrelated to TTS module not loading issue.