VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg Patch Does Not Include A Previous Fix

Hello,

This topic is related with the closed one, "VG Service Down" (http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?s=a198f259cefb25d1a87a7604e128b86d&showtopic=10365)

I installed the beta version provided by the mentioned topic, expecting this patch to include the fix of "Phone# for VoIP Outbound call" (http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10367&hl) issue as you have mentioned so, but after the patch, VG still removes a dash from outbound call@DNS-name format for SIP address.

Could you verify if the patch I downloaded (VoiceGuide_7.4.0_130903.exe) also includes the fix for dash-problem topic? (Or should I download the other patch from that topic?)

Please see the attached log for version information and the dash clean up problem.

Thanks.

VG_7.4_StillRemovesDash.zip

Traces posted are not from VoiceGuide_7.4.0_130903

Please ensure the VoiceGuide service is stopped and only then run the VoiceGuide_7.4.0_130903 install (or the newer VoiceGuide_7.4.0_130910 install.)

OK, that worked.

It is weird though because your setup program used to automatically stop VG service before reinstallation.

Thanks.

your setup program used to automatically stop VG service before reinstallation.

Yes. It should do that. Perhaps there was some permissions issue that prevented this form occurring?

It looks like you are running system on Windows Server 2008 R2. Did you run the install as Administrator?

Yes.

I learned it several months ago (a hard way) if I do not install "as administrator," VG will fail with errors (in VBScript) somthing like it failed to create/call object [vgCommand] or something.

But I ran as adminstrator this time all along.

The good thing is that it works now.

I will keep you posted if there is any other problems.

Thanks.