VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Busy Lines And Log

Hello,

I have a question about the content of log files.

Currently, we have 5 installations, all with 4 lines using VoIP HMP.

We want to be able to collect some statistics about the calls that couldn't be answered because all the lines were busy, and with that in main decide if we have to add more lines or with 4 is enough.

Is it possible to do this by analyzing the any log file (script, vgEngine, or HMP logs)

Thanks!

Result Variable $RV_LINESINUSE holds the current number of lines used on system.

One approach would be to check the value of this at the beginning of each call and either save $RV_LINESINUSE value to log file, or maybe send an email with alert if $RV_LINESINUSE is equal to 4 etc.

If all the ports are busy ($RV_LINESINUSE is equal to 4) then any new calls would not be presented to VoiceGuide by HMP. VoiceGuide would not even be aware that calls were declined by HMP during that time.

Log files best suited to analysing past call volumes would be the CDR logs - saved in VoiceGuide's \cdr\ subdirectory. Do not know offhand of any free CDR analysis tools that can be used to process these and report the 'max number of channels used' stats.

Regarding this subject (I know, is old :mellow: )

Is there any result variable that hold the number of lines on the system?

I mean LINESINUSE gives me the number of lines "Busy", but the total number of lines on the system?

Thanks!

In this version of VoiceGuide: [old link removed]

You can have access to these Result Variables:

$RV_LIC_LINES : Count of lines system is licensed for.

$RV_LIC_TYPE : Professional, Professional+Dialer, Enterprise, Enterprise+Dialer, etc.

$RV_SOFT_VERSION : Version number of software running.