VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Tts

Kindly advise how I may change the default language of TTS from English to another language. How can I define this for different scripts, or is it mandatory that a server (as I understand 1 server only can have 1 VG license)will support TTS in one language only?

Many TTS Engines allow you to specify which of the installed languages you can use, and even change between them mid-stream.

see previous post thread:

http://katalinatech.com/forums/index.php?a...act=ST&f=2&t=18

towards end of above thread Patrick Hurrelmann writes:

we bought AT&Ts Natural Voice in German and English. These are really exellent voices compared to standard microsofts. if you want t ouse tts, i really can recommend natural voices. we record our wav with natural voices and ms ttsapp. text which is retrived from database is read by tts.

have a look at xml support of ms tts engine (sapi). you can define via xml, which speech it should use.

you can even change language DURING speaking a phrase.

Thanks! It's very helpful of you to point me to the right area to find out more information --- the SDK itself is such a complicated tool that without some guidance it would be really hard to find specific areas to solve a problem. I'll read the stuff and hope I can figure out the details soon.

I am looking into TTS engines, and I was wondering if I can get feebaack as to which ones are the best, or most used. I have only heard the ATT natural voices one.

Thanks

I went to a few web sites, and tried the online demo's for TTS.

I thought ATT was good, i was impressed, Yes Rhetorical is better, but I also found that (at least the fermale voices) of Neospeech (Voicetext) and Brightspeech are very good as well. I am now having a problem deciding, I think the male voice of Brightspeech is pretty funny sounding, and the male voice of Neospeec (Voicetext) is better then the Brightspeech male voice. the Brightspeech voice (male) sounds like he has his nose plugged. :-)

Anyways, I will find out the prices for each and compare.

P.s. Thanks for the price list.