VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Isdn2 - No Detection Of Incomming Calls

Window xp - servicepack 1 on a brand new HPd530

Vg 5.2.2000

ComISDN_20040425_FV

Fritz!Card PCI isdn

On this setup i can call out via the Telephone number loader. That works fine with the script "Credit Card payment".

But Vg does not recieve any calls at all. Both lines have the state: "Waiting for a call". ?+?

When using the fritzcard software, fritzfon, it accepts calls.

I attach the logfiles.

Regards

Anders Skov

log.zip

The trace does not show any incoming calls being reported to VoiceGuide. have you configured all the MSNs in ComISDN correctly? Maybe the MSNs need to match with the ones specified in ComISDN before the incoming call gets reported?

The trace shows:

105658,97 15 Initialising...

105658,97 16 Initialising...

105658,97 0 init attach vgs on 2 devices.

105658,97 0 Script Load C:\Programmer\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Credit Card Payment\Credit Card Payment.vgs

105658,98 0 init lineopen on 2 devices.

105658,98 0 Calling .lineOpen on device 1

105659,09 15 lineOpen(15)=>

105659,09 0 Calling .GetLineHandle on LineId 15

105659,09 15 hLine=65911

105659,11 0 Calling .GetProviderInfo on LineId 15

105659,13 15 Line 15 Provider: Windows Telephony Service Provider for Common ISDN Driver

105659,13 0 Calling lineSetNumRings on lLineHandle 65911

105659,13 15 Waiting for a call...

105659,13 0 Calling .lineOpen on device 2

105659,13 16 lineOpen(16)=>

105659,13 0 Calling .GetLineHandle on LineId 16

105659,13 16 hLine=65877

105659,13 0 Calling .GetProviderInfo on LineId 16

105659,13 16 Line 16 Provider: Windows Telephony Service Provider for Common ISDN Driver

105659,13 0 Calling lineSetNumRings on lLineHandle 65877

105659,13 16 Waiting for a call...

105757,44 0 sys cleanup Start

105757,44 0 sys cleanup End

Maybe the MSNs need to match with the ones specified in ComISDN before the incoming call gets reported?

Tried with the default "All incomming will be reported" and with the number on the line. same result.

Also tried the 3 diff. settings under B-channel connection mode:

-Channel identified

-inband information

-call active

Where must i look?

I would probably go to ComISDN.org for support next...

It may be useful to show them the MMDDtw.txt traces from VoiceGuide as well (click on 'create log files' then restart VG and make another call - *tw.txt trace will then be placed in VG's \log\ subdirectory)

Unless ComISDN reports the call to VG then VG would not even be aware that a call has arrived...

Just as a note: We have been advised that the newest releases of Eicon cards with their "Diva Server 7.0" drivers directly support TAPI+Wave interface (no need for ComISDN) - we have obtained a 4xBRI card from Eicon and will be testing this ourselves soon as well.

You may want to look into that option for your Basic Rate ISDN system solution.

Interesting with the Eicon cards, but:

The system, incl. Fritzcard, is build on the recommended hardware setup...It has to be used for testing. The "real" system is based on the recommendations from your support department. The Dialogic D/300JCT arrived last week, and the E-1 (CTR4) is promised to be ready today. As far as I understand I can not test/evaluate the VG for isdn pri, before purchased? If true, I have two systems I cant test right now....Can I purchase a single line licence for testing the pri setup or do you have another solution?

Unless ComISDN reports the call to VG then VG would not even be aware that a call has arrived...

Sure. I used the settings from the help file (and others as well), and can make calls out - but no go for incomming calls - so next step is that I will contact ComIsdn

(click on 'create log files' then restart VG and make another call - *tw.txt trace will then be placed in VG's \log\ subdirectory)

Do you mean the checkbox-option in the Dialer under Event trace log?

Best regards

Anders Skov

The Fritz!Card + ComISDN + VoiceGuide was tested and worked OK with the previous version of ComISDN.

Looks like the recently (late April'04) released version has some issues - and at this stage it looks like ComISDN should be addressing these.

As far as I understand I can not test/evaluate the VG for isdn pri, before purchased?

Please email sales@voiceguide.com - I'm pretty sure we can arrange an evaluation version of "VoiceGuide for ISDN" to be supplied to you considering the circumstances.

"VoiceGuide for ISDN" is not available for general download but if you send email to sales@voiceguide.com saying you want to evaluate it and are a genuine potential customer then it will be made available.

What country are you in?

can make calls out - but no go for incomming calls

If everything works OK for outgoing calls then I'd expect for ComISDN to be able to fix whatever is broken in this new version fairly quickly...

Do you mean the checkbox-option in the Dialer under Event trace log?

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - a log window will then appear. Click on the check box at teh bottom of tha window.

Dear SupportTeam

Tks. for your fast response.

I have now send a mail to ComIsdn - lets se what they can come up with.

select 'Event Trace Log' option

Yes, I choose to attach it here cause I noticed the line:

131644,06 8 ERROR 5.2.2000 Unknown State [0]

Concerning the evaluation for pri, I say thankyou - I will contact sales.

Btw: both systems (test and pri) will be running in Denmark - I was told that the protocol for the E-1 is CTR4. A few seconds ago the Nokia E-1 unit behind me started displaying Linestaus OK - one challenge less.

Best regards

Anders Skov

tracelog.txt

The "ERROR 5.2.2000 Unknown State [0]" error is a result of ComISDN not supplying info to VoiceGuide as VG has expected it - you should not see this error message once the issues with this version of ComISDN are resolved.