VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Allowing Star Button In Get Digits Modules

Is there a way to incorporate a "star" button as data input?

I have a need for users to able to put in a "*" instead of this terminating input.

I have three possible uses:

1. to be used as decimal point.

2. to be used to denote an extention number.

3. to be used to punctuate a number

Even if current release does not do this how feasible would it be to do this in a lter release? and if so, how long would it take?

This does not user-interface support, a simple VG.INI setting would suffice.

I realize that there would be consequences, such as me producing custom 'number-speaking' scripts, but that doesn't look too bad!

Thanks - Tim.

PS: Your 10 minute 'flood control' on postings is a real pain!

The VoiceGuide GetNumbers module can react to the * character.

from VG help file:

‘*’ Paths

If an "on {*} " path is defined then pressing the * key results in VoiceGuide assigning a "*" to the Result Variable for the module and going down the "on {*} " path. This feature can be used to easily implement a "press * to correct" option - just point the "On {*} " path back to the same module and then when caller presses the * key they will be able to just start entering the number again from start.

If a "on {*} " path is not specified then the * key has a similar function to the # key - when pressed it will be interpreted to signal end of data input.

If you want to use the * as a decimal point you can just use the * path to jump to another Get Number module which will listen for the digits which are after the decimal point.

Okay - thanks, I will try the on {*} to link to a "get extention" input-number module, but I would still like the option of embedding a * in a string of input digits and returned as an arbirary string of digits with stars anywhere in the string.

Something for the future perhaps?

Thanks - Tim.

Update your v5.2.3 install with this .exe.

You will now be able to enter * keys in a Get Numbers module (as long as the "On {*} goto ..." path is not explicitly defined)

VgMulti_5.2.3066.zip