VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Running A Specific Module In A Hangup Script

Hi there, I would like to be able to choose to run a specific module in a hangupscript. I wonder how difficult it would be to be able to add the module-name after the script-spec as entered in the "Edit\Script Properties" dialog-box, in the "Script to run when call is finished".

At the moment, you can only specify a script-file: eg:

testhangup.vgs

but I would like to be able to run a specific module, using your existing "path" spec for goto/gosub, eg:

testhangup.vgs|hangup1

or specify the current script-file so the module is already loaded in the current script, eg:

|hangup2

(The above would be ideal, then maybe you save all the code in one script and not have to have a separate hangup scriptfile. Or, take different branches thru a common script).

I tested the above but it doesn't work in my v5.2.3028 Script Designer/5.2.4029 Enterprise version. You seem to have all the ingredients for this change in place, so I wonder if this functionality could be added?

Not possible at this stage to dynamically specify the preferred starting module of the "OnHangup" script. The script's starting module as set in the Script Designer will be used.

You would need to point to a different script - which is possible to do dynamically.

Thx, but I don't want to do this dynamically. I just want to specify a static/fixed string in the Script properties box as "Script|Module"

For example. If I have 3 scripts: ScriptA, ScriptB, ScriptC then each one could call a common hangupscript, say hangup.vgs, but each script could code which module inside hangup script to run, eg:

in scriptA, set script properties to: "hangup.vgs|ModA"

in scriptB, set script properties to: "hangup.vgs|ModB"

in scriptC, set script properties to: "hangup.vgs|ModC"

The string would be fixed for each calling script. In Hangup.vgs script there would be the 3 named modules and some common processing. By specifying the modules, I can tailor the script to each calling script, without having to copy/paste/maintain 3 sets of common processing code.

Given that you have all the ingredients to do this already setup and defined, surely this is a simple thing to add to the script properties box? Please discuss it with your developers. Thanks - Tim.

Try setting an RV which holds the name of the module in the main script(s), and in the OnHangup script just do a goto that $RV.

eg:

on {Success} goto [$RV[MyStartModule]]

where $RV[MyStartModule] holds the name of the module to go to.

Okay, many thanks. I will give it a try, but still would prefer the "Script.vgs|moduleName" in the sript properties.