VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Isdn E1 And Bri And Vg4dialogic

Hi, following on from my last post...

Can you clarify the situation with regard to ISDN BRI cards, ISDN E1 Dialogic Cards and VG4TAPI and VG4Dialogic?

My long term goal is to move to multi-line ISDN (E1 span), but possibly setup a short-term system on BRI/2line system using ComISDN, which I understand bridges ISDN to TAPI, therefore allowing the VG4TAPI to work with a variety of ISDN BRI cards.

I take it that VG4Dialogic cannot work with ComISDN? is this correct and therefore cannot work with BRI ISDN?

If a Dialogic E1 span board is purchased (D300JCT), then I assume that Dialogics drivers interface the board via thier own Dialogic API, and therefore VG4Dialogic will work with this setup directly, without requiring ComISDN. (But it won't work with any non-dialogic hardware).

Is the above correct? Please confirm each point - thanks.

I take it that VG4Dialogic cannot work with ComISDN?

Correct.

therefore cannot work with BRI ISDN?

Dialogic have their own BRI ISDN card - BRI/2VFD

http://www.intel.com/network/csp/products/4310web.htm

VoiceGuide for Dialogic works with that card.

The price of that card is a lot more then other BRI boards like Fritz!Card or Eicon's offerings, so there is very little demand for it.

If a Dialogic E1 span board is purchased (D300JCT), then I assume that Dialogics drivers interface the board via thier own Dialogic API, and therefore VG4Dialogic will work with this setup directly, without requiring ComISDN. (But it won't work with any non-dialogic hardware).

Correct.

It's not supported by the TAPI version of VoiceGuide - but support for BRI/2VFD was added into VoiceGuide for Dialogic some time ago.

As mentioned before, BRI/2VFD is not used much, mainly due to cost..

Can this board "bridge calls" to non-ISDN cards eg: Analog Loop-start cards line D4PCI or D120JCT via the H100/H110 connector/CTBus?

The D4PCI does not have a CTBus.

It should be able to work with a D120JCT or a D41JCT, but it looks like that particular scenario has never been tested - there was just no demand for this by any one before.

We have many systems out there which bridge between D300JCT etc and D41JCT/D120JCT, and that combination works fine.

Okay sounds promising. The "demand" is to interface ISDN directly to the CO, but bridge over into a local analog PBX. My guess would be that if a D300JCT ISDN can bridge with a D120JCT Analog card then the BRI card should too. After all its the same API !?! (famous last words). Do you know of anything "specific" that could prevent this from working? Thx.

Do you know of anything "specific" that could prevent this from working?

No... but that's because it wasn't tested...